School Work

Mulai dari awal

"If you do I'll tell the teacher and you lose your grade. Your choice O'Neil." He said smiling smugly.

"Fine, I'll do it." She moaned tilting her head back. "Would you rather we do it here or at your place?" She asked getting up.

The soft-shell pondered, not at his house, and April wouldn't take him to her house, despite being curious to know what the family life of a delinquent was like. The school grounds would have to do, plus she couldn't hit him if she wanted to or she'd be expelled.As soon as he suggested school, April agreed and led him to one of the study rooms.

"We have to book to be able to use the rooms, we're going to have a problem." Donatello said anxiously, he didn't want any problems with any of the teachers.

April ignored Donatello's pleas, she said that if he didn't come in she was going to tell him that he insisted on going in that room, and that he didn't do his job thus ruining Donnie's grades and reputation.

For an hour nothing happened, mister Misaki taught science and English to Yokais, the two were discussing the topic, Donatello wanted to do something interesting, but April wanted to stay in the safe space of topics, nothing too deep but nothing too simple either.

"Why don't you listen?!" April said burying her face in her hands.
"It's kind of funny to hear that from a delinquent." Donatello countered.

"God! Why does everyone think I'm a delinquent?!" She almost screamed.

"AH WHY WOULD IT BE?!" Donatello started to raise his voice "maybe because you're always late, you've been expelled from several schools and you're ALWAYS THREATENING ME! YOU'RE A WALKING THREAT!"

April looked to the side, was she going to cry?! squeezing her lips together so no tears came out as she opened her science book, April had never hurt someone for no reason, she didn't care about Donatello's judgment, but those words hurt her, she wasn't a walking menace, was she?

Donatello realized what he had done wrong, he didn't know how to deal with it, he wasn't wrong. He just followed the rules, and dedicated himself to school.

"Miss O'Neil, I'm sorry... I don't-"

"Don't apologize, you're right." She turned around and showed her face with tears streaming down "I'm a walking menace! Whenever I show up somewhere someone gets hurt. BIG NEWS YOU'RE RIGHT!" She screams in anger.

Donatello was shocked, he didn't expect that, she always threatened him, and glared at him, but deep down April was just a scared girl.

Donatello Hamato was not used to "human emotions" from his brothers he was the least sensitive, but more rational, this explained why he skipped school years. But in that moment he felt the weight of her words on his shell.

'Poor April...' was what he thought, and in an unconventional move of his, Donatello hugged the brunette.

"Please stop crying, this is making me uncomfortable." He said pulling away from her.

The expression April wore was one of confusion, fear, and curiosity, a nice mix if you ask me. But that parting from each other only made the two want to get back into their embrace.

"Let's just get this job done soon... I don't want to have to stay here any longer." She said wiping away her tears.

When the two went back to work, Donatello noticed a few things. 1) April was much smaller than him, 2) She was adorable when consenting, 3) Maybe she wasn't so bad after all.

When April realized that Soft-Shell was staring at her, O'Neil responded with a grimace.

"What you want?" She asked turning her attention to the book.

"Nothing..." He said, she glared at him and he sighed "How did you get kicked out of that school?"

"Why do you want to know?"

"Curiosity" He shrugged "There are rumors that say you were expelled for fighting, others say that you graffitied the school, that you poisoned the food and that you burned down the library."

April sighed.

"If I tell you why do you promise to stop flirting with me?" She spoke without patience, the soft-shell just nodded in affirmation "I was expelled yes for fights, but not for the reason you think..."

he looked curious, was she really opening up to him?

"Some boys... they... were playing ...'games' with my hair..." She said pointing to the same "I asked, no, I begged them to stop. One day some girls, friends of these boys, put gum in my hair. It was horrible to get it out, and the next day they threw water on me, then I got fed up." She looked down at her hands "I picked up my baseball bat...the next moment all I saw was their broken fingers and the scared girls in the corner."

Donnie looked serious, he was already irritated just hearing the story.

"That was the first time I was expelled, from then on it just went downhill." She said leaning back in her chair "Last school I got expelled for my science paper, it exploded and caused a fire in most of the school."

"O'Neil, I'm so sorry... I had no idea..." Donatello tried to speak, sympathizing with the young woman.

"Hey Hamato, you can call me April, I don't care, I prefer it." She said in the middle of a laugh."And you can call me Donnie." He said trying to sound 'cool'.

"Why not Dee...it sounds good...better than DOnnie, that one sounds kind of childish." She said with a smile."Dee, I like it." he said, his face lighting up as he heard April call him a new nickname.

The two finished the job quickly afterwards, amidst laughter and stories being shared. April was happy to be rid of that project.

"We make a good team, isn't it Dee." She said smiling."I believe so April." He said admiring the work.

"Well I have to go home, sorry." She said looking at the Soft-shell, she blushed a little.

"Okay, I let the teacher know that you helped with the project. HE WILL BE SO HAPPY, HE WILL GIVE ME AN A+" he said excitedly.

"Why are you like this?" April asked incredulously.

"Like what?""Teacher's pet." The brunette said without patience and with a little anger.

"Oh you mean care about school rules and respect my teachers?! And why do you break so many rules?" He said turning to her.

"Why are you so annoying?!" She grunted tugging at his tie.

Now they were at eye level with each other, April pulled Donnie's tie down making him bend over a little. maybe it was anger, or the fact that she sympathized with him that afternoon, but April without warning kissed Donatello.

For a second he thought he was going to have a heart attack, but he didn't, it was just the surprise, he reciprocated. He was breaking one of the school rules, and he didn't give a shit about it, he gently placed his hand on April's back, pulling her closer, one of the brunette's hands was on his tie and the other on his neck.

As soon as they broke apart, the brunette slapped the soft-shell across the face.

"That's for earlier today." She said bending down, apparently the slap was so hard, or so unexpected that he fell to the floor "And that's for helping with the work." She said kissing him again.

April stood up and smiled at him, walking to the study hall door she said.

"If you tell anyone or keep being the teacher's pet, I'll hit you again. Understood?"

He nodded, letting a sigh escape his lips as April left the room.

"She will be the end of me..." He said hiding his face in his hands.

The following week was the presentation, the two took the maximum grade, and Donnie stopped being a pet of the teacher, both for his 'new love' for April, and for her threats, during a year the two were meeting in the study rooms , until they graduate and move in together.

_________________________________________________________________________

Wow 1912 words... I think this is one of the longest oneshots I've ever written, I'm still writer's block, but my friend more or less forced me to write.

Author's note: I passed the grade, just one more year of school and I finish high school! Growing up is scary, right?!

Well I hope you enjoyed this oneshot. Thanks for reading until next time.