chapter 4

i walked into jack and trevor's room to see them playing some hockey game.

"uh earth to jack and trevor, jack you need to leave to go with quinn and luke in like 20 minutes" i waved my hand in his face. i had to pay luke and quinn 10 dollars each to take jack away from this town for 30 minutes so that me and trevor could get ice cream.

me jack and trevor all walked to the lobby as jack climbed into the car as quinn gave me a wink. me and trevor started walking to the ice cream shop down the street.

"i wish jack would let this all go" i sighed as we walked in.

"yea me too, i mean even like freshman year i joked about getting with you and he flipped out, god sometimes i have to hate him" he shook his head looking intensely at the ice cream flavors.

"why are you staring at the flavors like that? don't you already know what you want? you get plain chocolate everytime" i laughed as he stood up straight.

"well maybe i like standing here" he draped his arm over my shoulder, causing me to smile. the worker eventually walked up to the register and we both ordered our ice cream. we walked over to the table by the window and started to eat.

"summer" trevor cleared his throat.

"trevor" i replied back.

"thank you for everything" he smiled big. i just smiled back, i didn't really know what he meant.

"what?" i titled my head.

"me developing a crush on you has helped me get through school and hockey and all that, i just... ugh i think i love you" he rambled. "wait wait wait, i don't love you, ok i do but i don't wanna take things to fast, ugh fuck, i'm sorry but thank you" he finally stopped and smiled looking into my eyes.

"your ok t and i could thank you too" i added, he titled his head at me just like i did to him.

"what" he reached over the table to grab my hand, here goes what i've been dreading to tell him.

"well, only my family knows about this but um i struggled with my mental health a lot and a couple years ago i tried to kill my self, quinn and jack found me on the bathroom floor and they've done there best to look after me, i don't know it's a odd thing, and i've always felt alone but then i found mia, and that helped and then i found you when you moved here and it was the best thing that has ever happened to me, and then we fell in love or what feels like love and it all happened so fast, and ugh" i sighed tears welling in my eyes, turning away from trevor.

"summer, i'm sorry i never reached out sooner and i don't know what to say to make it better, but i'll be here from now on" he said as i looked back at him.

"thank you" i said getting up to give him a hug.

"come on let's go home, or the hotel" he laughed grabbing my hand as we walked out of the ice cream shop and back to the hotel where cole was standing in the parking lot.

we walked by cole as i let go of trevor's hand, and then the rampage of boys came running into the parking lot. "where are you guys-" i started but was interrupted by jack grabbing my wrist pulling me as trevor followed. finally when we're half way across the parking lot all the boys stopped, hiding behind a car, taking heavy breathes every couple seconds.

"what's going on" i laughed at the boys.

"well we wanted to go swimming, but we're supposed to be resting but i don't know what the hell happened and then coach caught us and we ran" jack panted.

"ok well why didn't you-"

"didn't you just say you we're going to my sisters room" he finished my sentence. "that doesn't work, cause we told him that we'd stay in our rooms all night, but then he caught us and started running after us" jack shrugged.

"ok um ok, anyways how are you all supposed to get back inside?" i looked around at the boys who all straightened their posture and looked around at each other.

"oh shit" turcs grabbed his chin.

"you all stay out here, i'll distract him and you guys are just gonna have to run up quick when i text one of you" i walked into the hotel lobby. once i reached our floor, their coach was standing there.

"oh hey summer, have you seen the boys" he said seeming stressed.

"uh no, i was just with my parents" i smiled sweetly, i grabbed my phone out and texted the boys to come now, but quietly.

"ah ok, those dam boys, night summer" he finished and walked into his room. the boys turned the corner and ran into their rooms. trevor started into his room before i grabbed his wrist and yanked him back.

"summer, i need to go by your brother" he frowned.

"i know" i kissed him before pushing him back into his room.

"thanks for today"  he smiled as walking back into his room.
-
"morning sleepy head" quinn smiled scaring the shit out of me. "you need to get up, were leaving soon" he grabbed my arm. i sat up and rubbed my eyes. i groaned and got up and started throwing my stuff into my suitcase. i changed into a hoodie and shorts, hoping to sleep the whole car ride.

"morning everyone " cole yelled happily as we walked out. "game plan for today is to get starbucks and head home cause we indeed have school tomorrow". i rubbed my forehead not realizing how tired i actually was.

"yea ok let's leave" i said starting towards the elevator.

"some one is happy this morning" trevor said putting his on my lower back as we walked out of the elevator.

"i just need some coffee" i half laughed. "see you guys at starbucks" i waved at them before turning around and walking to the car with luke. we pulled into the starbucks and i quickly got out because i needed coffee. i was the first to get mine so i found the biggest table to sit at since there was a lot of us.

"someone seems happier" trevor came and sat next to me. i smiled brightly as everyone else came to sit down.

"just needed some coffee" i smiled i whispered to him.