chapter 3

it was now thursday afternoon and everyone in the hughes family was struggling to get ready for the road trip, but i needed to tell someone and since i couldn't tell jack, i decided to tell quinn.

"quinn" i knocked quietly, hoping luke wouldn't hear because even though i love him, he's very nosy. i walked in and sat on the edge of his bed, he sat down right after i did.

"what's wrong sum" he asked.

"fuck, i broke the rule" i said sliding my hands through my hair.

"what... wait... you ate all of jacks chocolate chip waffles?" quinn said covering his mouth with his hand and laughing.

"quinn... no the other rule" i paused "i like trevor" i flopped back on his bed realizing how much shit i'm in, quinn started getting serious with me and grabbed my shoulders to sit me up.

"summer. look we need to leave in like 10 minutes but we will figure it out i promise ok?" he said giving me a hug.

"love you quinn" i smiled as walked out of the room and grabbed my bag, walking downstairs.

"you alright summer" jack asked as we walked to the car.

"i'm alright" i half smiled. how am i supposed to tell my twin brother, my best friend that i broke the one rule we promised each other we would never break.
-
we pulled into the USA hockey arena and all got out of the car even though jack was the only one who was riding the bus. jack ran inside to do something so i took up my chance to talk to trevor. the last week me and trevor had done a lot of "studying" more like sitting on my floor and watching netflix for 3 hours each night. i had officially fallen for him and i thought about how i'm gonna tell jack every second of every day since. cole, beecher, and turcs were sick of trying to distract him every night, so i would have to tell him sooner or later.

"see ya soon trev, have fun on the bus" i hugged him quick before jack came back. the boys loaded on the bus and we were all on our way to new york.
-
we were already 5 hours into road trip and had 5 more to go, but the team and all the families were stopping for dinner. the boys were already there when we walked in. "well hello took you all long enough" jack exclaimed as our parents walked over to the coaches and the other parents.

"that's because luke had to pee every 5 minutes" quinn rolled his eyes as the 3 of us headed to table. i went and sat in between cole and jack. we all talked about like usual.

"i ordered you nachos" trevor handed them to me, earning a smile back. we all ate and finally it was time to finish our road trip. i started back to the car i heard a familiar voice behind me.

"summer" trevor yelled running up to me.

"what are you doing, get on the bus" i laughed at him.

"well" he looked back at the bus. "i just wanted to say bye to my favorite hughes" he smiled giving me a hug.

"bye trev see ya in 5.... hours" i smiled as i turned around to see quinn.

"i love you and trev honestly" quinn said we reached the car. i just rolled my eyes. we only had 5 hours left which was going to be the longest 5 hours of my life. and again we were stuck stopping every 30 minutes because luke has a small bladder.
-
we arrived at the hotel at around 6pm and checked in. i threw my bag on the bed, quinn me and luke all had a room together. all the parents and team mates were all on the same floor.

"we're going swimming" beecher yelled as all the boys ran down the hallway obnoxiously. luke and quinn left as i flopped down on the hotel bed to watch a movie. mia started to call me.

"hey girl" i answered.

"heyy so um me and john are hanging out when y'all get back from the trip andddd-"

"wait shut up, YOU AND JOHNNY ARE HANGING OUT" i exclaimed interrupting her. she just smiled and shrugged. we talked for a couple hours until i heard the boys running on the floor again. quinn and luke were going to get ice cream, since they were allowed to leave. i jumped in the shower and was doing my night rountine when i heard a knock at the door. jack and trevor, oh fuck.

"hey boys" i swung the door open and motioned them in.

"hey summer, we wanted to watch a movie since our tv doesn't work" jack said throwing himself onto luke's bed. trevor went and sat by him.

"ok well what do we wanna watch?" i asked laying on my bed and wrapping myself into my blanket.

"umm, how about the fear street movies" trevor suggested. i nodded and found the first movie. jack was sleeping within the first 30 minutes of the movie and when jack falls asleep, he won't wake up for a good 2 hours.

"trev" i whispered yelled across the room.

"summer?" he whispered back.

"you should come lay with me" i said nervously.

"i'd thought you'd never ask" he said practically running over to my bed.

"we have like 10 minutes until luke and quinn get back so i should asked sooner but whatever" i smiled at him. he wrapped his arms around me as we finished the movie until i got the life360 notification that luke and quinn were back.

"well i guess we have to wake him up" trevor groaned turning to jack. we woke jack up as luke and quinn walked in. the boys walked back to there rooms and i decided i was gonna go to bed until my phone pinged.

trevv

meet me in the hallway :))

on my way;))

i left the room and turned the corner to see trevor standing there smiling. i stood in front of him for about 5 seconds before he grabbed my face and kissed me. my face immediately turned a bright red as the brunette boy smiled at me. i smiled back kissing him again.

"your brother is gonna kill us" he said as my feet fell flat on the ground again.

"yes he is" i said as trevor wrapped his arms around me.

"tomorrow night let's get ice cream" he smiled and picked me up to hug me.

"ok" i smiled big. "night trevor" he kissed my cheek before we parted ways. we weren't even dating and yet we just kissed in the middle of the night, in a random hotel, well im not complaining.
-
the next morning i awoke to luke ripping open the curtain letting in the very bright sun.

"luke what the fuck close that" quinn groaned. i got up and walked into the bathroom to start getting ready. i clicked shuffle on my playlist and the first song that played was meet me in the hallway by harry styles. i smiled replaying what happened last night in my head while putting mascara on.

"why are you so smiley" luke peeked his head into the bathroom. i slammed the door in his face.

"leave me aloneee" i yelled at him.
-
we arrived at the areana and all the boys were warming up as me and my parents walked in. i saw trevor and jack talking and i was a little nervous, i was still very stressed about how i'm supposed to tell jack about all this. trevor waved at me from the ice, i slightly waved back. the game started soon after that and they won, which was good. i ran onto the ice to hug my brother who scored the winning goal.

"nice job jack" i smiled.

"we gotta talk later" he said in a tone i couldn't tell if he was angry. i nodded as i walked off the ice to the rest of my family.

"quinn" i ran up to my brother. "i think jack knows" i said scared.

"look summer, cole kinda caught you and trevor, and you know cole can't keep a secret" he looked down, looking like he was trying to contain a smile.

"quinn" i stopped walking as he also did.

"i'm just kidding, but i did catch you, i chose to kept my peace though, i got your back" he laughed throwing his arm around me as we headed back to the hotel.