chapter 1

"quinnnn" i yelled to my oldest brother who's room was the down the hall "get up first day of senior year for you" i smiled. growing up with 3 brothers who were very focused on hockey, i loved to annoy them. plus we we were all polar opposites. for the most part.

"summer, it is 7am shut the fuck up" quinn spoke exiting his room rubbing his eyes.

"quinn language" our mom, ellen, snapped her fingers at quinn. i laughed as we walked down the stairs. shortly after jack my twin brother and luke my youngest brother walked out their rooms.

"morningg" i sang as they walked downstairs for our annual first day of school breakfast, pancakes and fruit.

"morning summer" the two groaned back at me. we all took our normal seats at the table.

"so, big boy jack you have your first USA practice tonight" quinn smiled across the table. jack let out a small smirk trying to be humble, except i was the one who always had to hear about it. me and jack told each other everything, sometimes it was nice, but other times it wasn't. luke groaned dropping his head onto his table. i looked at my brothers as we all started laughing.

"oh speaking of that mom, would it be ok if i had all the boys over for bonding this weekend?" jack asked shoving blueberries into his mouth, still laughing.

"aren't you already pretty bonded with all of them?" quinn asked in a bitchy tone, hating the fact that jack was always having his friends over.

"well at least trevor and cole" i added.

"speaking of them, luke your cooking for our dinner tonight" our mom smiled. luke groaned again as we all stood up to leave. "but yes, they can come over".

"thanks for the food mom and dad, love you" i said dropping my plate in the sink and grabbing my backpack and keys.

"well boys are we ready?" i asked standing in front of the door wanting to leave soon as possible. quinn was a senior this year so he had most of the first day off, lucky him.

so that meant i was stuck driving since jack decided to not get his own car because 'my twin sister can just drive me'.

me jack and luke walked out into the garage and climbed out in my beloved jeep wrangler. i reversed out of our driveway and shortly after we ended up at PCEP campus. i parked next to some of jacks friends and we all climbed out.

"morning hughes family" cole said with a beaming smile. "we are officially juniors, except you luke" cole said pulling all of into a hug. i smiled and gave him a quick side hug. i gave trevor a hug quick since he was one of my friends, nothing like me or coles friendship, but he was someone i've had a crush on since i was in 7th grade, which i've never admitted to anyone except mia because jack would kill me.

"well boys i'm going to go get coffee with mia" i said waving off the group of boys. i walked into our cafeteria and spotted my bestfriend mia immediately, she already had my coffee just the way i like it.

"hey girlie" she greeted me and slid me my coffee. "medium with 3 drizzles of caramel, 3 packets of sugar, and 2 pumps of vanilla" she smiled.

"heyy, first cheer practice tomorrow night co-captain" i said excitedly. cheer is what brought me and mia together. i was captain and mia was the co-captain, or alternate captain as the boys liked to say.

"eek i know im so excited" she squealed, taking a sip of coffee. we made small talk until the 'warning' bell as we like to call it rang, which meant we only had 5 minutes to get to our classes.

i walked up the stairs to my first class, chemistry. i looked at board to see my lab partner. trevor zegras. ok great. i took my seat next to him and he smiled at me. "hey summer long time no see" he smiled.