"Who cares!" Dean yelled. "If he wants us there, it's good enough for me and Laurey!"

"This doesn't strike you two as weird? The texting? The coordinates?"

"Sam! Dad's tellin' us to go somewhere, we're goin'."

Sam made a bitchface and sighed.

Laurey frowned. "Boys, I swear to God. The yelling has to stop. With a new baby, you all need to be careful."

"Sorry, Laur."

"Thank you. Now, let's go."

They made their way to Illinois and to a bar.

INT. BAR

Cop one sat at the bar.

"You're Daniel Gunderson," Dean said. "You're a cop, right?"

"Yeah," Gunderson replied.

"Huh. I'm uh, Nigel Tufnel, The Chicago Tribune. Mind if I ask you a couple of questions, about your partner?"

"Yeah, I do. I'm just tryin' to have a beer here."

"That's okay, I swear it won't take that long. I just want to get the story in your words."

"A week ago, my partner was sitting in that chair. Now he's dead. You gonna ambush me here?"

"Sorry. But I need to know what happened."

Sam pushed Dean aside roughly.

"Hey buddy, why don't you leave the poor guy alone!" Sam told his brother. "The man's an officer! Why don't'cha show a little respect!"

Dean paused, staring, then walked off.

"You didn't havta do that," Gunderson told them.

"Yeah, course we did," Sam answered. "That guy's a serious jerk. Let us buy you a beer, huh?" He looked at the barman. "Three?"

"Thanks."

---

Dean looked at Sam who left the bar. "Shoved me kinda hard in there, buddy boy."

"I had to sell it, didn't I?" Sam replied. "It's method acting."

"Huh?"

"Never mind."

"What'd you find out from Gunderson?"

"So, Walter Kelly was a good cop. Head of his class, even-keeled, he had a bright future ahead of him."

"What about at home?"

"He and his wife had a few fights, like everybody, but he was mostly smooth sailing.They were even talking about having kids."

Laurey thought for a moment. "All right, so either Kelly had some deep-seated crazy waiting to bust out, or something else did it to him."

"Right."

"What'd Gunderson tell you about the asylum?"

"A lot."

They made their way to the asylum and jumped over the tall chain linked fence, Laurey with help, and entered.

Sam pointed to a sign over one door. "So apparently the cops chased the kids here... into the south wing."

"South wing, huh?" Dean repeated. "Wait a second." He flipped through John's journal. "1972. Three kids broke into the south wing, only one survived. Way he tells it, one of his friends went nuts and started lighting up the place."

"So whatever's going on, the south wing is the heart of it."

"But if the kids are spelunking the asylum, why aren't there a ton more deaths?"