Needs to be met - Part 1

Obi-Wan sensed Cody before he stepped into the room.

His ability to meditate in distracting environments was better than most Jedi. When he was a Padawan, Master Qui-Gon instilled the importance of mastering the art of deep concentration.

It will come in handy someday, his Master said when his younger self whined that he spent more time meditating than training with his lightsaber.

Now, Obi-Wan enjoyed being able to sit quietly with the Force whilst the hanger buzzed with activity.

Engineers were busy making necessary repairs following the last battle, a handful of shinies were watching in awe of the pilots' training session, and a pair of veterans were joking about some long-ago mission as they sipped caf in a quiet corner.

Somewhere amongst the midst of clones and machinery, Cody was headed in his direction.

Obi-Wan took a deep breath in and exhaled slowly.

His Commander was apprehensive, his mood somewhere between exasperated and nervous, which was unusual for the Marshal Commander. The moment he came to a stop in front of Obi-Wan, the Jedi opened his eyes.

"What is it, Cody?"

"I'm sorry to disturb you, sir." 

It was an unwritten rule that only Cody could interrupt his meditation sessions, and he tended to only do so in emergencies.

There was no emergency on the cruiser. Obi-Wan had already scanned every lifeform on board when he first felt Cody's concern. Nobody was injured or dying.

"Captain Rex just commed." Cody continued, shifting on his feet.

That was an uncommon nervous trait amongst clones, as their training insisted they remain stationary when speaking to a superior officer. Perhaps Cody only did it because he and Obi-Wan had dropped those types of formalities a while ago.

"Their mission on Abafar was a success, but General Skywalker was gravely injured in the final firefight."

That made Obi-Wan raise his eyebrows. He reached across the bond for his brother, stretching until he found the strong shield that Anakin had pulled around himself.

He really needed to stop doing that. The first time Obi-Wan encountered it, he almost had a heart attack.

"What's his condition?"

"The medics have stabilised him, but he lost a lot of blood." Cody shrugged, "Business as usual for General Skywalker."

Obi-Wan huffed a laugh. He agreed with Cody- his former Padawan was the most injury-prone Jedi in the Order (thanks to his chronic hero complex). Master Che practically had a bed with his name on it.

There was something else. Cody had never brought this news to him before. Captain Rex usually called Obi-Wan personally. The Jedi stood up and marveled at the stiffness of his spine. He must've been meditating for several hours.

"Rex is worried about Commander Tano," Cody said without Obi-Wan needing to press. "She... was resistant to the medics when they tried to examine Skywalker. I think you need to make a detour to the Resolute, sir."

Obi-Wan swallowed the urge to sigh. That girl was just as stubborn as her Master.

As a new Knight, Obi-Wan had been troubled by his feelings often.

He wasn't able to completely mourn for his dead Master whilst he had a wayward Padawan on his hands, and Anakin came to him with boatloads of trauma that Obi-Wan could never hope to understand.