Carry me home

Fives has to- quite literally- carry his drunk Commander through the lower levels of Coruscant.

///

The last thing Fives anticipated he would be doing with his pitiful amount of leave would be collecting his Commander from a bar in the Underworld of Coruscant.

His underage Commander, that is.

It was his final day of leave, and he'd been packing to head out tomorrow morning when his comm beeped. On the other end, Commander Tano was giggling and slurring her words, inviting him vigorously to join him in some lower-level bar.

Usually, Fives would be bounding to join her, and claim to be annoyed that she had gotten started without him, but he had an ARC-tingling that he wouldn't be staying to drink with Ahsoka. Hell knows, the General would kill him if he ever found out.

Now, he was stepping inside the bar, scanning it for an orange Togruta and any other potential threats. It was a good idea he wore his civvies, as the types of patrons of these bars were unexplainably resentful towards the clone troopers who were risking their lives for their lazy shebs.

Nevertheless, Fives brought a blaster, having tucked it in the inside of his jacket to not give off the wrong impression. He intended to keep a low profile. Get in, grab Ahsoka, and leave.

"Fives! Fives, I'm over here!"

So much for a low profile.

He walked over to the drunken Togruta who was barely able to stay on top of the bar stool. On the table in front of her were an array of half-full glasses, from beer to cocktails to shots and whiskey. Fives resisted the urge to rub his forehead. She was going to feel this hangover in the morning, and it would be all Rex's fault for never letting her come out drinking with the clones, so she learnt how to do it safely.

Though, remembering waking up in a gutter on two different occasions, Fives could guess he wasn't setting the best example.

Ahsoka grabbed his waist as soon as he was within arm's distance, pulling him tight against her. Grunting, Fives hugged her back. With his constant missions, he didn't get to see his Commander often anymore.

"I've missed you!" Her hands move to his neck, dragging his head down to hers so she could slather his cheek and jaw in hot kisses. Fives could practically feel the alcohol evaporating off his skin wherever her lips pressed against him.

"Missed you too, Soka," he said, gently pushing her away. He looked at the array of drinks once more, rubbing her shoulders so she wouldn't slump over like it looked like she would. "What's the occasion for you to be out and drinking alone?"

Ahsoka hummed, dropping her forehead against his chest, "I've had the worst day ever!"

"Oh, yeah?" He cracked a smile, pushing his own credit chip towards the bartender who was hovering nearby. It was obvious Ahsoka had opened a tab without even considering how she would pay for it. "Tell me about it."

"Well, first of all, the Council lectured me for an hour this morning about being more responsible," she started, and Fives shook his head at the irony of that, considering she was here, in a bar. "Then Anakin made me practise forms up and down the Temple steps to improve my balance."

He pressed his lips together, "That sounds like a bad idea, even for Skywalker."

She groaned against his sternum, "He was intolerable after he twisted his ankle for the third time. He's been in a bad mood ever since."

Fives doubted that the General's temperament would improve when he found out where his Padawan was hiding from him.

Ahsoka pulled away, giving him a crooked smile, "Dance with me?"