Proud

Obi-Wan is proud of Anakin for raising Ahsoka.

///

Anakin was never really prepared for the responsibility of teaching another Jedi.

Hell, he had a hard time learning everything himself. The Council were hesitant to grant him the rank of Padawan due to arriving in the Temple at the overly ripe age of nine; why did they think he was capable of becoming a Master when he had only just become a Knight himself? He wasn't ready to teach.

And yet, the Council had quite literally thrown Ahsoka onto his shoulders. He supposed they were a match (if he dared admit it) in that they were both headstrong and confident. With that also came arrogance, recklessness, and stubbornness- all qualities he had never noticed in himself until the sparky Togruta came along.

"What's this?" He asked, stepping into Obi-Wan's quarters without asking, showing him the document that the Council had sent to his datapad.

Obi-Wan lifted an eyebrow, skimming the text and then looking up at Anakin, "That is an agreement of responsibility."

"For what?"

"For Ahsoka."

Now he was even more confused.

Obi-Wan chuckled at his bewildered expression, shaking his head so his hair became tousled. "Anakin, now you are a Master to a Padawan, the Council expect you to commit to being responsible for her. That means taking care of her needs, being an advocate for her, teaching her everything you know, and most importantly, making sure she doesn't get herself killed."

Anakin screwed up his face, "Have you seen Ahsoka? She's practically a magnet for dangerous situations."

"Then you have yourself a challenge." His former Master smiled gently.

"She isn't going to like this," Anakin crossed his arms over his chest, "and I'm not her parent."

"I did the same when you became my Padawan." Obi-Wan's expression shifted as he recalled the events leading to their own partnership, though he quickly carried on. "You may not be Ahsoka's parent, but she's a minor, and you're now her caregiver. That means making sure she eats three square meals a day, gets enough sleep, and follows any instructions from medics to the letter. It's not an easy job."

"I didn't ask for this responsibility," he hissed.

"I know it was a sudden change," Obi-Wan sympathised, "but I think you're highly capable of this, Anakin, or else I wouldn't have supported Master Yoda's decision to give you a Padawan."

"I should've known you had something to do with that," Anakin sighed, uncrossing his arms to snatch the datapad away, "Thanks for signing my life away, Obi-Wan."

His former Master laughed again, waving a hand dismissively, "It becomes natural, Padawan-mine. You'll look out for Ahsoka without realising it. When she becomes a Knight, you'll start to miss her."

Anakin's wrist-comm beeped, an incoming message from the Togruta herself. He completely forgot about their sparring session that he promised her. Grumbling, he tucked the datapad away and turned for the door, "I doubt that."

"Give it a month!" Obi-Wan called after him, "Please, close the door behind you."

Anakin made sure to slam it.

///

Obi-Wan collapsed onto the mat, rasping for air as Anakin pulled his arm behind his back. His lightsaber was deactivated a few feet away, though Anakin's hissed at the back of his neck.