His stance changed completely, to the one she knew so well. The way he would stand before he would strike her with a heated pole.

"You wouldn't dare."

"Oh, but I would. I've grown a pair of balls since I left you."

She swallowed the fear to allow room for the growing courage.

"You won't be able to do that Alayna. I know you." He jeered, underestimating the woman in front of him.

She stood looking at him in disdain, whilst taking small steps backwards encouraging him to keep near her.

"Really Zunair?" She cocked her head to one side. "Fine then, divorce me and we'll go out separate ways."

She knew that she could strike a nerve when talking about divorce around him.

His nostrils flared, his eyes darkened, his fists curled.

He came storming towards her, as expected.

His arm wrapped around her neck tight, making it harder for her to breathe.

"You really think you can kill me to escape from me?" He whispered in her ear.

His hearty laughter echoing throughout the dark alleyway.

"You can never escape me. EVER!" He screamed out to the winds.

Alayna, who had frozen, up until she heard those words, took immediate action.

She squeezed her hand between his arm and her neck and pulled down. Because of the unexpected move Zunair wasn't prepared and so his hold on her neck was removed.

She instantly spun around to face him and pounced on him causing him to topple.

Her hand reached for the knife tucked into her waistband. And swiftly pushed it firmly against his neck.

"Do you believe me now, Zunair Armaan Rahman?"

He smirked, "no".

"You like pushing the boundaries don't you?"

"No I like my wife sat on me like this. I should fuck you from this position." He crudely spat out.

"It's a shame you won't get to." She pressed it more into his skin.

"I know you won't be able to finish the job Alayna. Why do this to me? We could start afresh, I'll do everything right, we can create our own little perfect family. I'll be everything you've ever wanted."

"Its practically been a year that I've been with you. Not once did you show me mercy Zunair. Not once. Now I refuse to do that to you. I won't feel peace until your existence has been removed from this earth by me."

Unknowingly, the pressure on the blade had eased with her rant.

Zunair smirked, "you'll never win against me," and flipped her over.

His legs tightened around her hips, as he held down her shoulders.

"You'll never be rid of me, but I- I will get rid of you." His hands clasped around her neck.

"Don't you ever think that you can have power over me." His grip tightened.

"I will make sure that I am the one you see last in this life and first in the afterlife." He sneered, rubbing his face into her neck.

She knew what he was going to try to do.

His hands trailed down from her shoulders to her breasts.

She didn't like this. Alayna despised the helplessness she was feeling.