Chapter 18

Adam's POV

I tried to stop Ty, I really did, but by the time I finally reached him, Ian's glasses were nothing but shards of glass on the floor. Luckily, Ian was out cold so he couldn't change.

"Ty you idiot!" Seto exploded, pushing Ty onto the couch next to Ian's sleeping form. "I can't use my magic, and you know that! I can't fix his glasses!"

The seriousness of the situation hit us all like a ton of bricks. Once Ian wakes up, so will Derp. Another one of us may die.

Mitch was crying into Jerome's arms, soaking his shirt. The last attack really traumatized him. I didn't know what to do. My mind was blanked by fear.

Ty's face was painted with guilt as he shakily got off the couch, but Seto wasn't quite done with him just yet. "Who should die next, huh?!" He screamed. The sorcerers voice, usually so calm, was now sewn with pure rage. Seto raised his hand, prepaired to hit the feeble boy who had practically destined them all to the most painful death, judging by what had happened to Quentin.

His hand flew down. I closed my eyes, not wanting to see my friend in pain. After a moment or two, I realised that the blow never landed. No smack, no scream, just a deep breath. Opening my puffy eyes, I saw Seto's hand about a quarter inch from Ty's confused face.

Seto slowly backed away with his eyes closed, and took another deep breath. "Luckily," He sighed. "I may have found a way to stop Derp. Permanently."

Everyone's attention was now completely on the sorcerer.

"Wh-what?!" I stuttered out. Can curses be reversed?!

He continued. "Everything Derp has, his skills, all stop him from doing one thing. Seeing his reflection."

Seto's face showed both fear and pride. Most of ours were just confusion.

"Go on..." Requested Jason. Seto complied with a sigh.

"The smoke blurs his vision, his voice can shatter glass, like mirrors, AND his eyes are pointing in opposite directions, making it difficult to focus. Maybe seeing his own reflection is what Derp needs to... I dunno... open his eyes."

His theory seemed right, and we had no other choice but to test it.

"Okay. Soooo what do we do." Mitch asked, tilting his head like a dog.

"Get mirrors!" Seto screeched, causing us all to spring into action, searching and collecting all the mirrors we could find. I swear I heard Seto murmur something under his breath while shaking his head.

Can't blame the man for having a migraine while living with us. I know I would, if I were him. But I'm not, so HA.

After a while, all the mirrors from the house were in the living room. Mitch and Jerome had even brought down the huge bathroom mirror from upstairs. We were almost done surrounding the sleeping man on the couch when he started to stir.

"Get ready!" Warned Seto. "He's waking up!"

Derp stopped moving as a smile crept onto his face. He started by laughing, but it soon turned into screams as large dark red wigs ripped through his back, blood flowing from the freshly opened wounds. Seto lunged at him, trying to attack while he was distracted, but Derp caught the brave sorcerer mid-air.

He must be more angry now. He already fought us, and we woke him up with a nasty blow to the head. Ty, you idiot.

I looked towards Ty. He was hiding in the kitchen, only his eyes and up were shown. I brought my attention back to Derp, who was holding Seto by the neck with his arms streached out, sort of like simba from the lion king. They seemed to be having a staring contest, neither daring to look away from the others eyes.

"Hello, friend." The monsters words were shrill, his voice shattering the mirrors. Shards of glass flew through the air, slicing Seto's arm and making him scream and struggle more than he already was.

Now nothing can stop him, all the mirrors are gone.

While Derp seemed distracted by his catch, Mitch and Jerome teamed up together to try and attack the demon. Derp heard the boys coming and turned around to face them. This is when we saw his eyes.

They were all white and bleeding, with the pupils nowhere to be found. Soon we saw why. Slowly but surely, the eyes kept rotating with the most sickening, squishing sound, until the optic nerve was where the pupil once was. I'll admit, it was rather difficult to see it through all the blood, but I sort of with he'd bled more so that we wouldn't have to see it.

This horrifying sight made all of us freeze on the spot, and even made the now cowering Sub vomit. This action seemed to anger Derp. He dropped Seto, who was now gasping for air and crying strained tears. Jason leapt to his aid.

Derp walked over to Sub, who had vomited twice more since when I last layed my sight on him, judging by the pile. The winged demon looked down at his cowering victim, blood dripping from his eyes and mouth, and landing on Sub.

"Do you think I'm beautiful?" Derp asked. I watched Sub squirm and struggle as the demon pinned him to the wall. "Well?!" It continued.

Come on Sub, just respond!

Then it struck me. Sub can't respond! He struggled to break free of Derp's grasp. Though Sub was strong, Derp was stronger. I wanted to help, but my feet wouldn't budge. It was as if the mist that was coating the floor was using my own fear to keep me still, while it's master butchered his victims.

I needed to help my friend, I would do anything for him. Even give my life, as that's what I owe him after all he's done for me.

So I did.