mission for a promise

I hope everyone here has been enjoying this fanfiction so far the last couple chapters were supposed to show what was in helheim realm but now we're going to start more adventurous here.

mission for a promise

Hiccup had wanted to know the truth about his death ever since what Ragnar ulfr had said, if it's true that hel knows how he died then hiccup wanted the answer.

When he was able to get the time to make an appointment to speak with hel, hiccup was allowed to go back to her throne room.

Hel the goddess of death look down on hiccup, "so tell me my child, what do you wish to speak with me?"

"I was saved by a wolf hunter from a while giant wolf, his name was Ragnar ulfr and he told me that you know how I died, do you really know those who don't remember how they died?" Hiccup ask wanting the truth.

Hel look at hiccup for a second and then nodded, "yes I know."

"Why wouldn't you just tell me how I died?" Hiccup ask as he didn't understand why would she keep this a secret from him.

"Simple really it's not my job to actually tell you how you died, I asked if you remember and you said no, everyone here forgets how they died but would soon remember it," hel explain.

"But I don't want to wait until they come back I want to remember how I died, the last thing I remember was being in the killer ring facing the monster nightmare, I really want to know how I die for real because something didn't feel right about that memory," hiccup explain as he truly felt like there was more to that story of how he died than he thought.

"In all honestly do you really want to remember?" Hel ask as she tilted her head.

"Yes of course, did I just got killed by the monster nightmare? that's all I'm asking I just want to know what happened," hiccup told her as he really wants to know.

Hel could see the termination in hiccup eyes to want to know the truth, she got up from her throne and went down the staircase, She was now standing right in front of hiccup.

"I never do these things for free as I have already allowed Your Dragon toothless to live with you but if you insist I will restore your memories if you complete a task that needs to be done," hel explain.

"A task? What kind of task?" Hiccup ask as didn't understand what she would want, what could he really do for her.

"You see, I've been having problems with dragons in my realm for a long time now, I'm able to keep them out of the tribe but does not stop them from causing trouble outside along with the people who have not returned, if you are able to manage and solve this problem, I will restore your memories of how you life came to end, do we have a deal?" Hel ask ask her decave hand reach out to him.

Hiccup shake her hand, "deal."

"Good gather up what you need and I will point you to the way where you be heading off," hel explain as hiccup bow his head and then left the throne room.

At the forge

Hiccup went to go talk to his boss, "Nithe?"

Nithe came out of his workplace to see hiccup, "what are you doing here? today is your day off."

"I have come to do a task for hel so she would restore my memories, I'm heading out of the tribe soon but I need to gather up some things I might need, so I have come here to buy a new dagger," hiccup explain.

"You need a new dagger? Are you sure that's a good idea if you're going outside of the tribe?" Nithe ask as it is very dangerous to leave the tribe.

"Yes daggers are the weapons I mostly use they're the easiest to fight with," hiccup explain but Nithe shook his head.

"Young lad if you are going out there you are going to need more than just a dagger," Nithe went back to his work station and brought a dagger back but also a iron sword.

"Thank you but how much does it cost?" Hiccup ask wanting to know so he could pay for it but quickly Nithe shook his head.

"Not even a pebble, The forgers who do their job here get weapons for free," Nithe said as hiccup had been doing his best working ever since he first came.

"Oh thank you but the sword I..." Hiccup got cut off by Nithe.

"Trust me when I say you're going to need a sword, it's like a dagger but longer," Nithe told him.

"All right then, thank you again," hiccup said as he headed out.

Once hiccup and toothless have made it back to the Great Hall, hel waiting for them.

"Do you have everything that you need?" Hel ask as hiccup nodded.

"Yes I am, where's the direction I need to go to?" Hiccup ask because he was ready as he ever be.

"Very well," hel pointed to the direction they need to go, "it is beyond that wall, be safe hiccup."

Hiccup jump back onto toothless and together they fly it off.

Back in the tribe Ragnar ulfr had heard about the mission and when he saw them fly off he couldn't help but want to join him.

He ran off and managed to get over the wall as he was following hiccup and his Night fury.

To be continued

Yeah just in case you really don't understand Ragnar ulfr really wanted to join in on this mission too so he's following them.

Anyway please comment like share and please tell me what you guys are thinking about this I would really love to hear your feedback.

Anyway have a great day guys.