Chapter 1

Every child wishes to get the best loving parents at birth. The first breath they take is typically the scent of a hospital or nature. Occasionally there are the weird ones but hers was nothing short of cruel. Her first breath was the stale air of a dingy basement that later became the only place she knew in this world. She lived hidden in the pack house for years as her father's little dirty secret. Never feeling the fresh breeze that drifted from the valleys through to the pack house, nor the sun or moonlight that bask the lands in a warm purifying glow that her near pale brown skin could flourish. But she wasn't allowed. She was never allowed to leave her 500 square feet of living space and she never had. The only time she felt like she belonged to the outer world was through her tiny basement window and even that film on it blocked the true beauty of the world with a black tint sheet.

Through that magic black tint portal, she witnessed her mother's execution, at the fresh age of four. A public display it was by no other than her father. She never understood why until she was older that by having her, her mother signed a death wish and the only reason why Aurora was kept alive was that she was a powerful healer, something rare among their kind.

The only good thing was that her father, Alpha Cole, forbid anyone from touching her, so she was never physically harmed or sexually assaulted. And Lord knows she got creepy looks from nasty old men over the years growing up. But few knew of her existence and the ones that did know usually ignored and scorned her for being a half-breed. Even her father neglected her for the most part except to provide her with food, water, clothing, and shelter. After all, she was the pack's healer. However, her living came with a condition and that was she was never allowed outside of her living space, ever, even if the pack house was on fire, she would have to stay and watch the flames lick at everything around her until smoke inhalation killed her. There was the only person who treated her like a human, well more like her child, her nanny but she ended up dying at childbirth twelve years ago. No one told her, she overheard the pack girls talking about it by her door, a week later. She cried for two weeks. It felt like she lost her mother all over again which looking back at it might have been the pack girls' goal all along.

As a young child, for years she wondered why her father kept her alive. It was on her fourth birthday when her father came barging into her and her mother's space after a battle to the near death with a powerful rogue Aurora healed him up brand new with the power of water. Her mother objected profusely even going as far as challenging the alpha. Healing was a draining process that not only took some of the life force from the healer but transferred the injuries to them. The price of equal exchange for the universe to be balanced, or so her mother told her. It took Aurora two weeks to recover, as her little body labored for life, after she was healed, her mother was dragged off to be publicly executed for her crimes to have a half-breed female child. Half-breed female werewolves were forbidden to have children in their pack even if it was out of rape. They were sentenced to either death if they had a girl or a thousand lashes if they had a boy. The child would be determined if it was useful in the future and killed if not. Her mother was deemed useful because she took care of Aurora after many healing sessions and was killed because of her insolence.

At sixteen when she first was aware of her wolf, she excitedly told her father, thinking he would finally see her as more than just a means to extend his life, and let her free into the world but all she got was his anger which wafted off him in waves after waves of threats. She never mentioned it again and when she finally shifted on the full moon, alone and scared, she hid it from him. If it wasn't for her nanny, she would have been ignorant in the shifting process, which was damn painful, and she passed out twice from the stress it caused her body.

Her wolf was beautiful and very much disliked being trapped in such a confined space, but she was also smart and understood the position she was birth in. Over the years Aurora followed the instructions that her cunning wolf gave in order to navigate her father's wrath and how to properly heal. But Aurora always felt the otter, loath and resentment she had towards all he-wolves, but patience was her key. When she got an opening to escape, she would, even if she had to break the mind of Aurora and force full control.

Now today Aurora is twenty years of age, sitting by the same window looking out at the beauty of the world while she and her wolf talked about random topics of interest, which wasn't much.

"We will go in heat soon. Prepare yourself for I will fight to the death if one of those despicable creatures even looks our way" Aurora's wolf said with an indignant scowl.

"I never doubted you would but remember we aren't that strong."

"Who needs strength when you are fueled by rage!"

Aurora turned away from the window which represented her longingness for freedom. She understood why her wolf had so much hatred, she was positively seething beneath the surface but couldn't bring herself to hate her father or anyone for that matter. It went against her nature and her beliefs that her mother instilled in her.

The book she was reading called to her to flip to the other page. The old, tattered pages, creased lovingly from multiple uses was the only thing that was left of her mother. After her mother's execution, her father came and took everything that belonged to her out the room to burn, this book as the only thing that remained and that was because it was hidden among her things. She read the book a thousand times, but she swears that she discovers something new every time about this Venom woman. As she immersed herself into the world of Venom, she was startled by the screams of a she-wolf as chaos broke out.

There was a new alpha in town, everyone felt the shift in power and Aurora thought that she would finally have a chance to be free, but her wolf thought something else. Beneath the wave shift of the alpha power, she felt a lingering darkness mixed with madness. And she was right! Aurora's life since the new alpha took over was one of pain, sorrow and brokenness, a living hell. She traded her cage for a chance of fresh air but the price she paid for it broke her and her wolf to a numb existence. Now that her father was no longer the alpha, the rule about her being off limits no longer applied. Every day she was raped, kicked, slapped or waited on them hand and foot for twenty-four hours a day, seven days a week. Even when she had two shattered rips, no sleep for 26 hours, lack of food and water, she had to do a healing session which had her passed out for two days. She wasn't even allowed to see the pack doctor, Sam, anymore, but she was used to compartmentalizing so the pain was nothing more than a dull ache. The only person who was kind enough to her to sneak her some medicine was Joe. He was a strange fellow who gave her the creeps, but he was as kind as he possibly could show it.