Epilogue: Life Lessons

I looked down the hall while I sat on what used to be Esther's throne. Png approaches me with fear and regret cascading across his face. He was dressed in poppies and golden chains, his eyes were averted from mine. "Png, face me." I startle him with my demand as he has our eyes meet while his body trembles before me. He fidgets with his fingers, "About what happened earlier, before you met with Esther." I groan, "Get to the point already." I flick my hand with my wrist.
"Yes, right! I can't excuse myself but I do want to explain I was not clean when I kissed you.. And I feel awful for doing so without your consent." I explain with a grimace to Theseus who was adorned in scarlet and white. "I'll excuse it- but just this once! Don't think it's okay because of that though. I just am really not interested in punishing people in the same manner as Esther or at all until I'm deity." She retorts and looks to the side. "And yes you can go and do whatever business you desire with Sonnet, but I read your thoughts y'know! Tune down your plans a tad."

I just don't understand it. This 'Syte Eteric' person swooped in and hauled off with Ink? Why in the gates of Dread do people find it so necessary to ruin my plans?!  I swear to the former gods that the individuals wreaking havoc on my plans are so annoying! "Kelx, we got a worrisome transmission from Cold Spark. It appears Summer has gone rogue and incapacitated the poor person!" Winter exclaimed with heavy amounts of fear trailing their voice. Autumn ran out and added, "I also heard he kidnapped Neptune and Saturn!"
Everything was going according to plan until this albino asshat pulled up. I was just minding my own business and then this weirdo just tackles me out of nowhere! Some people just can't behave when someone tries to take over an entire dimension, I swear.  "Leave this place now Summer! You don't belong here; you never will!" I groan, crossing my arms and rolling my eyes. "Well at least you have no need for introductions."
I shiver as the cool wind brushes against my face. I couldn't stay atop this land, Kelx and his entourage had exited his chambers. My wings pulled me downward to the area directly under Voided-Oblivion, The Garden. It was the only place I felt like I could relax, I just couldn't feel safe at any other location. I truly wish I could feel safe at a different place, but here it was. A deep sigh escaped my lips before I entered the garden like before. This felt like an escape from all the chaos outside the dome.

At least it did until I noticed a shadow in the corner of my eye, making my soul jump out of my dead body. There it was, Zereph Luxe in all his glory. While I thought I was safe in the afterlife, Zereph had devised a plan to hunt me down once again. He approached me with a benevolent smile lurching on his face. "Hello again Ashlyn." He cooed and he made his way toward me. "Go away!" I screamed, tears poured down my face. "What's that? Come even closer?" He pushed himself against me tighter than glue. "No! Don't do this, please no!" 
Suddenly, my powers wouldn't activate. "Oh that's so cute! You think I didn't plan out a way to conceal your powers? Well this barrier stops them so unless you fly out of here which I won't allow, you'll be stuck in this cage little birdy!" He laughs manically before putting his hands on me. And just while I thought I was about to become Zereph's prisoner again, bullets crack through the air and shoot in the man. He wasn't eliminated but immobilized. I look to the location of the sound as Kelx is standing there with fury gracing his face.
"Don't ever think you can lay your hand on one of my subjects you scumbag." He glares before flying down. Zereph had sunk to the ground as he was now blacked out. "Inklyn, I'm so sorry he pulled that on you, I heard the garden's security system warning and came here as fast as I could. This wasn't how I wanted to ask, but you're the only person I trust with this honor. I need you to become Dread's new deity."