Chapter No.9: Sacrificing My Sacrilege

Me, Crypt, and Adelic all have a blast laughing and discussing several matters, especially those from when we were alive, it was so nice. We reach that awkward part of hanging out where you don't know what to talk about next so we decide it's a good idea to go on their joint pc, where they play very stupid games together. But it was dead, so we plugged it in and they told me that they wanted to show me a certain room that not many know about.
We exit the bedroom and I follow them to a room called 'Band Room', did these two play in a band? Or atleast used to play in a band? They open the doors to show a room filled with speakers, sheets, and musical instruments. I couldn't help staring in amazement, there used to be so much life in this room, and I could feel it, I could almost see people. An albino Demonic with bright red eyes and flowers all around them, a tall short-haired girl with six green eyes and dyed hair, and a girl with long, pink hair and fiery orange eyes that glistened with her golden horns.
These people were all brought together as a band, and Adelic and Crypt helped them bring life to their music, it was sweet like nectar from a honey bee. "Who played here?" I turned to them, and they seemed a bit shocked, "An old band called Skull Crushers, there were three Demonics that sang to hypnotize toxic people before crushing their skulls, they split up due to Investigators years ago though." Crypt responded solemnly, I could tell he missed them all.
Adelic did too, but he hid it better than the siren, I wonder why? Questions would also bring me to ask, how could Investigators break such a bond. There were so many things that broke my bond with Gabriella though, and I never thought it would break. Maybe the same thing happened to them, but I wish it didn't, it's never something you can get past, at least I'm still unable to get past it.
Oh how I wish I could, I keep holding my breath and praying if we find each other in the afterlife, she would forgive me for killing her, even though there were countless times she nearly killed me but it doesn't matter when I miss her so much. I even miss Tion already, I miss both already. It isn't fair, we both did so much for each other yet we caused each other horrid deaths, I wish the day when I woke up to the meeting that caused me my death, it wasn't a hallucination.
I made a mistake, and when I was snapped back into death by Adelic and Crypt, tears were already running down my face. Adelic rushed out of the room to grab me tissues, and Crypt sat me down back in the bedroom. "I didn't want to make a scene." I shakily let out, Crypt hushes me and wraps his arm around me. "You didn't, do you want to talk? I'm here for you." Adelic comes back in with the box of tissues and starts wiping my face to stop the tears from coming onto my face. I was already exhausted.
Though I manage to calm myself down, and sit comfortably by Crypt. "The story I am about to tell you both is from before I died. As you know, I died in the 1960s and my cause of death was from my creepy boss. But I never told you both about my other coworkers, most likely due to how almost all of them really hated me for the attention I got. Just about all of them but one, Gabriella Morales, she was only about a year or two older than me and only got a job in the company thanks to me."
"She was always grateful towards me as I was towards her, we geeked about the latest music and art, we were to say the least, inseparable. One day though, she came out as genderfluid, I didn't know what that meant but I did know people like that were not welcomed in our town or in our country even. So I did the worst thing imaginable, and I shot her, hoping to get rid of her.
I thought it was the best option, I was so wrong. She survived the incident and staked me out next, but without a gun, she took a knife and stabbed me several times. I would've bled out if I didn't have a new roommate at the moment. But Gabriella knew she would be caught if she sticked around to make sure I died, so she went into hiding, and became a wanted criminal not only because she was not cishet, but as well for attempted murder."
"I on the other hand pleaded as innocent for 'self-defense' and so I was sent to the best hospital in the state thanks to Zereph Luxe, who was hoping as well that I would die so he could use it to pity himself. This hospital of course, saved a life, the life of a criminal. The fact I survived was broadcasted as a local miracle due to how much blood I lost. Being broadcasted meant Gabriella knew I survived her murder attempt, so I decided to keep weaponry at all times for my own protection.
Wouldn't you know, Gabriella attempted to murder me once more only a couple months later, the time span served to lower defenses on me. Nonetheless, she snuck through my window at night and put a knife to my throat, but it was a fake dummy of me, since I was practicing for the night she would come back. But I knew she wouldn't be scared to charge at me and start slicing and dicing at my body. So I drew my gun and shot her three times, the head, the heart, and the lungs. She died instantly, and I fainted at the same time. Next thing I knew, she was gone."
Tears race down my cheeks again, Adelic hands me a few more tissues with a shocked and solemn expression. I never wanted to cause so much pain to others, and I can sense the two next to me fully understand that, "Ink that was by no means your fault." Adelic explains, Crypt nods in agreement. "You guys both did some really bad things but you were hurt too. That's a valid thing." He looks at me with a face of pity and understanding. She is so kind, I hope Crypt isn't lying to me. I don't think they would.
I finally let out a sigh, now I've calmed down. It wasn't easy to tell the two that, in fact, it was almost harder than killing Tion, almost. The entire time I had to wish they wouldn't hate me after knowing the truth about Gabriella Morales. I'm sure Gabriella hates me now, where-ever she is now. "Ink, you have an incoming call on your profile, from someone named Book-Let?" Adelic points out, pulling out a technical screen from the profile on my right hip-bone. The screen was neon green with a black frame, it cleared of its color as Book-Let appeared on it. "Ink? Are you there?" I nod swiftly, nearly fast enough for me to lose balance of my body. He chuckles in response to my negligence.
"Good, I am regrettably calling to warn you of a swarm of Investigators flying towards your area. Take cover and find a place to hide as soon as possible." He tries to smile to reassure me but my heart races incredibly fast. The call ends due to his business, as he only had the ability to warn me. "We my Adelic explains, getting up and taking my wrist, but alas we hear voices and knocking from below the household.
"Adelic, we can't protect them. Investigators don't take kindly to not being answered, and they are not allowed to take either of us." Crypt retaliates, Adelic starts to panic. His breathing loses its collectiveness. "We can't hand them Ink! First Stanza Mei, now Ink? Crypt we can't!" What happened to Stanza Mei? I wanted to ask but it clearly wasn't a good time to. They started to get so involved by their fighting that I could slip by them without any notice.
I have to obey and join them in Hue-Lake or where-ever they take me. So, with horns, wings, and all the other features I haven't a clue how to hide, I get up and exit the house, one step at a time. Though, only one Investigator was standing there, they were albino but with purple eyes and had the features of a Fallen Angelic, just like Adelic? I reach the ground and they take my hand, giving the strongest handshake I've had in a long time.
"Hello Demonic of Dread, my name is Syte Eteric and I am the Fallen Angelic Investigator assigned to this part of the region. By your appearance I would assume you are Ink Q. Bringe, who has been staying here for approximately 3 days and 2 nights." I was wide eyed, how did they already know all of this information? "I can note your shock, I was tracing your profile." They nod, clearly an optimist this Syte Eteric is.
"Shouldn't you alert Adelic and Crypt or something?" Syte chuckles in response. Clearly they are amused with me already. "They'll know, plus they haven't a clue I am knowledgeable of their existence yet." Syte needs to start with this kind of information. Finally, they start dragging me away from Crypt and Adelic's house. "Come on now, we'll have to fly to get to the region of Voided-Oblivion." Voided-Oblivion? We launch into the air, our wings trace the wind.
Syte laughs wildly at me flimsy flying while they do tricks just to flaunt themselves over me. To be fair, I was having fun with it as well, not that I'd ever admit it. We fly up to a monochrome colored town, bright and dull all at the same time with different colored carpets that lead to buildings. "You see the left-first building? That's going to be our meeting room, where the Investigation will take place."
The room was a comfortable charcoal color and had a cozy counseling room. It was small and simple, and empty. "I'll give you an interview, send you to the others, then the rest will be made clear." I nod, sitting down in a chair across from Syte. Honestly, they seem like quite the friendly type. They're wings look like raven ones, just like Adelic's, I'll refrain from asking questions though. They have small, demonic horns that cascade through their hair. Golden chains coursed through their horns.
"Question 1, What species are you, and reason being?" Syte pulled out a notebook from their profile. "I am a Lust Demonic, the reason is unbeknownst to me." My gaze averted from Syte, embarrassed of myself already, they checked off a box. "Question 2, Who or what caused your timely or untimely death or demise." If I was being honest, I feel like we just jumped from 1-1000 in 5 seconds. "Zereph Luxe, an elevator fault line." I do my best to be as vague as Demonically possible.
They make a few checks and mark off a box. "Question 3, what influenced your life the most while you were alive on the planet Earth." They switch the lighting with the taps of their fingers. "Professionalism, it both made and destroyed all I had." This knowledge seemed pretty obvious to me but they looked a tad surprised as they checked off another box. They then proceeded to let out a sigh, preparing to ask me yet another question. "Question 4, what is the worst injury you have ever caused another person or yourself?"
This shot me through the guts, I felt as if I were about to choke up blood. "I killed my closest friend, I don't want to get into it." They nodded and clicked off another box, seemingly they were at the halfway point of the paper in-front of us. "Question 5, worst point of capture in your life on Earth or worst capture you caused someone else?" I don't understand how those two are interchangeable but best not to be the one asking my superior.
"While I was alive, I was taken multiple times and locked in different rooms when shooting for my voice acting company." Syte nodded, I can feel concern dripping from them like sweat on a sunny day. "Question 6, what was the worst abandonment you caused another person?" These questions are going to haunt me in REM sleep. "I left my best friend with a gun wound after they came out to me." Their eyebrows furrow a tad in frustration as they click off another box.
"Question 7, what is the worst thing you have ever done to yourself?" Again, another bullet wound of a question. "I let my boss do what he wanted in exchange for the betterment of others." Those were words I swore never to ever tell another person for the rest of eternity. But I broke that, I'm not mad at myself, just unstable. Syte had pity shine through their eyes for a moment before checking off that box.
"Last but not least, question 8. What happened to your parents, Inklyn Bringe?" I couldn't breath, couldn't look, the last question all this time was oriented to the person they're interviewing. They chose who they were going to interview long before this year's selection process started. They knew I was going to die some time this year. No one told me about Investigators as much as they should've, and even though Book-Let didn't get the chance, that doesn't explain why Adelic and Crypt couldn't tell me.
What about this process does everyone but me not know? I can't ask that though, can I? I can only answer questions, and I need to answer number eight, It's pointless not to. So I took a deep breath and let out a hefty sigh. "If you knew to ask me this question, you would know I am a robot. You would know, I am an Artificial Intelligence." Syte smiled, probably due to the fact that I told them the truth, I am sure several that go through this interview session lie heavily in hopes that they cannot tell and get a chance to leave this place peacefully.
That wouldn't work though, we here live in Dread, the christian equivalent to Hell, this isn't a place of love and miracles. Not that I know if Hue-Lake is as good as its Heaven equivalent is. All it is, is an analysis from the eyes of a machine. Now that both the people in the room know who I am after all. "Follow me to your chambers, It's time you met your roommate, Stanza Mei."