Chapter: No.17: Interchangeable Files

I woke up with a dramatic yawn and stretch myself out on the bed, where is Theseus? I swear she was just here! My body shifts to sit up, perhaps she just woke up before me? My legs shake a tad before I get up; look around and take a deep breath. If she was around, she clearly left already, she left the door open! And I was tricked to believe she was a good roommate. Oh how wrong was I! First matter of business is to complain to Crypt like a 5 year old mad at their sibling.
However, when I march my way towards the siren, the first thing I feel is a pang of dread. What could be wrong here of all places? "Ink go ahead and take a seat, I made some breakfast for you." He motions me to a chair across from him. I got the feeling you get when you're about to get real bad news. "Alright, though Crypt, what is the matter? I can tell something is wrong."
A sigh escaped her lips before she continued, "It's about Theseus, she's gone, traces of being taken into captivity are evident. I'm so sorry, I wanted to protect you but now this place is one of danger. I'll need you to take the book that was with her body and manage to escape to The Academy of Three Alliances, otherwise known as TA OF TA." Horror shakes my breath, tears start to peer out of my eyes. "Not again, why am I always losing people here?!" Crypt looks at my response with pity, a small frown plopped on their face.
"I don't know Ink, and I fear that this is just the beginning of our issues." She wraps her arms around me in a consoling hug, but I don't think it is enough.  "Where is this place anyway?" I sniffle as I lay down my question. "There is an abandoned kingdom where our old deity ruled, they take place there now." He replies carefully, as if his words could completely shatter me if too rough. They probably could, they definitely could.
"Do I wait for the others or do I depart now?" Another question, I just have so many I can't even understand. "They have already left, take guide by Hematite of Hue-Lake, the book will lead you safely to the location I have discussed." He paused to take a breath, clearly not finished with what he was saying. "When you arrive, tell them you have been sent from Cryptid Phoenix and Kelpie Azen. They can take you in from that alone." He pulls out a pen and writes it down on a note, "This is so you can remember now go, contact me through Kelx if things go too drastically."
I didn't get a chance to say goodbye, it hurt but I knew it was necessary, who knew what would've happened if I took longer. I ascended down the stairwell of the house and went into a nearby cave before opening the book. A golden glow dazzled across the murky walls, anything around sprinted to a darker direction.
An unfamiliar text glowed in the book, I had no time to read it before I was teleported in a completely separate location. A migraine had rang through my ears as I fell to the ground. I felt my body shut down as I fell limp on the ground, jolts of pain sprang throughout my muscles. Of course I wouldn't have expected this but even so, how could a book cause this?
The next thing I knew, I woke up in a room with baby blue walls and a soft hospital bed beneath me. My hand flew to my forehead as I sat up, it was as if I was choking on pain I didn't know existed! "Woah there! Don't get up too swiftly now, I saw you faint and took you in, I checked your supplies and Cryptid Phoenix and Kelpie Azen brought you here? It has been oh so long since we last had visitors! My name is Mr. Ary of the TA OF TA."
"Yes and apologies, my name is Inklyn Bringe, though Ink is preferred due to it being more simplistic and such." Mr. Ary nodded before turning away from me and opening a small cooler, "I'm no expert believe me but I heard that ice packs help with head-pains." I accepted it graciously yet as I was about to set it against my forehead, Ora magically appeared. "STOP!! You'll give yourself a burn! Cover it first, tsk tsk tsk." Then he disappeared again.
"Ah the Kitsron boy again, he comes up at the most peculiar times doesn't he?" Mr. Ary chuckled. "You.. You know him?" I asked, dumbfounded that Ora Cross was so well known. Perhaps it shouldn't be so shocking to me. "Of course I do, Ora is the reason we still have safety manuals, equipment, and guidelines for us! I seriously didn't expect it to come in handy!" Awh, Mr. Ary sounds like a proud uncle, how cute.
"Guess he is everywhere then, I wonder why? Maybe it's a Kitsron thing." I contemplate, Mr. Ary nods, it was then I noticed the man looked like a blue colored variant of Theseus' species. "My bad Ink, I keep getting sidetracked, I'm sure you're worried about your friends." Now I am! "Of course I'm worried about them Mr. Ary! Ahem, do you know anything about their status?"
"Yes I do actually, they're in a guest room, it took a lot of convincing to get Mr. Python to go along with them staying here." He explained as a grateful smile was carved onto my face. "Thank you so much Mr. Ary, you have no idea how much this means to me!" I exclaimed. "Actually young Demonic, I do have an idea, through being a hypna-deer I can read minds and sense others feelings. It sounds stupid I know, but it is completely true! I have a book on it." Already more of a guard up on this guy, is he okay? Did someone hurt the poor guy?
"You're all good Mr. Ary, I was friends with a Hypna Deer before, I believe you plenty!" I truly don't want this man to worry so much. It's not like I'm the best comforter though, or even a good one for that manner! "You have my gratitude, however I don't know if I am allowed to bring you to your friends. They didn't show up at the exact time as you." A pitiful and pathetic excuse leaves Mr. Ary's mouth.
"It isn't like you can keep me here! I could easily blow up your shit!" I proclaim, finally a perk of being a Succubus!  "I suppose, but Mr. Python will know if I didn't even bother trying." He took a breath before vanishing without a trace. My eyes trace the surroundings for a door, or at least anything that could be an exit.  Then, I make a mad dash for the door, no way that Mr. Ary could've already locked me in right? Right..?
My head hurts... What's going on? Where.. am I? I can't open my eyes! Footsteps, wing flaps! They're all around me, who is around me? "Theseus, how art thou doing lief?" -Esther! Of course, I'm with my deity. "Esther,  mine majesty I cannot see! What am I to doth?" I feel her hands on my shoulders. "Ope thy eyes clotpole." So I do so, yet now my eyes burn with no end! I start coughing violently, specks of blood sputter on my hand and start to pool over from my throat.