***

"So what did Luke say that I couldn't? That convinced you to come out and join the party?" Elodie looks up from the drink she'd been nursing to see Peter smirking at her.

"As my older brother, I doubt you want to know." She replies quickly.

"Wait, are you two that serious?" Peter asks, eyebrows shooting up to his hairline.

"We're getting there." El shrugs, sipping at the sweet alcoholic concoction in her red cup.

"Who'd have thought that all this would come from me convincing you to take a chance on a dream." Peter laughs, "One tour, that's all I wanted you to try and now look at you. You've found a love in the work, and a potential love in a person."

"Thank you, Pete, for pushing me to do this tour with you." Elodie purses her lips slightly, eyes wandering the large space filled with people, "I know it may not seem like it, with the fact that I haven't talked to anyone here besides you and Luke, but it's been a really good growing experience, and I'm glad I did it."

"I'm glad you did too, and I'm proud of you, El. I've seen you grow so much in the last few months, and a lot of that is due to Luke. You've taken leaps that I never thought I'd see from you, and I'm glad to hear you're letting him in. Just remember, if he hurts you, I hurt him." Peter adds with a wink.

"What else are big brothers for?" She rolls her eyes quickly at him, understanding the joke and truth behind the threat.

"Pete!" They both turn as Michael yells out, "Want to whip some drummer ass with me?" Michael grins.

"Mike, I love you man, but you cannot take on Ashton." Peter laughs.

"Maybe not physically, but he and Tommy are challenging us to a game of beer pong." Michael laughs.

"Alright, we can beat them at that." Peter nods, "You coming to watch?" He turns back to Elodie, who nods quickly, following behind Peter as Michael leads them across the space to where the table had been set up.

"Oh look, a couple of losers ready to get their asses kicked!" Ashton calls out loudly as Michael and Peter approach, the table already set.

"Who won the end of tour pong battle in 2019?" Peter smirks right back, "Oh right, Michael and me."

"Revenge is going to taste sweet. You won because of a technicality." Tommy laughs.

"We'll see." Michael shrugs.

"We already took out Calum and Chris, you're next on the list." Ashton shrugs.

"So if the teams are band members and their tech, does that mean the winner plays Luke and El?" Peter cocks an eyebrow at Ashton.

"If they'll play."

"Stop flirting and start playing already!" Luke wanders up unaware of the conversation they'd been having, stopping beside Elodie a few feet from the table, a small group having gathered to watch the game.

"You and El are playing winners." Calum informs Luke as the game finally starts.

"We are?" Luke looks over to El, surprise in his eyes.

"According to Peter." Calum answers again, Luke's eyes still on Elodie until she gives a small shrug, telling him with her eyes that she would much rather not be involved in a beer pong tournament.

"I think that's just Peter being an older brother and trying to make El uncomfortable, she clearly doesn't want to play." Luke answers Calum back, seeing relief in the emerald eyes he is so captivated by.

"Ya, It didn't seem very Elodie to play beer pong." Calum nods in agreement, "And no one, not even your brother, is going to make you." He adds, looking at Elodie now, smiling back at her as she nods in thanks.

"Twenty-three more minutes." Luke mumbles to Elodie, winking quickly as he sees her smile.

She cocks an eye at him smirking slightly for a second, and he can clearly read her thoughts through the look, knowing she is suggesting they could leave earlier than planned. Chuckling back at her as he shakes his head in response. Amused by the dramatic sigh she lets out, and then surprised as she leans into his side, her arm wrapping securely around his waist as her head hits his chest. His arm wraps tentatively around her shoulders, as he turns his attention back to the game of beer pong happening in front of them.

——————————
Y'all ready for the next chapter??? 😏

Thank you a million times over for reading this story, and commenting and voting. SOS has made it to the number one story in #lukehemmings and it really means the world to me to see that!

Vote and comment!

I love you guys!!!

~M =)