Chapter Seven| The Chase

I run through the forest rapidly looking for pray. I catch the scent of a deer and stop in my tracks. I'm going to show these damn wolves that I'm not one to be trifled with.

I watch as the deer starts to eat and I watch as it starts to move away.

I take the only chance I have of catching an killing the deer and pounce, grabbing it my the neck and clenching my jaw shut.

I lay it's limp body down and watch as it takes it's  last dying breaths. I feel bad that it had to die but we have to get our food from somewhere.

I drag the limp body back to Dominic and the rest of the pack. I watch in amazement as Owen's mouth falls open in awe.

"Shit, you found a good one bro." Owen says to Dominic.

"I know I did." He relies and I just roll my eyes at him.

"Now how about..." Owen starts but I cut him off.

"You try to make me do one more test and you will become my target." I growl at Owen.

"Okay, okay. No more tests." He says holding his hands up in surrender.

"Great, can I go and sleep now?" I ask looking over at Dominic.

"Fine, let's get going and we can sleep." Dominic says grabbing my hand sending electric jolts up my arm.

If he falls asleep with me and I wake up first he's getting a bucket of ice water dumped on him.

As we make it back to the house Dominic and I curl up in the bed and he looks right into my eyes.

"You are beautiful." He  whispers.

"Thank you. Watch your back." I say turning to face he other way.

I feel Dominic put his strong arm round my waist and I can't help but snuggle in closer.

I pretend to be asleep for ten minutes when I finally hear Dominic start to snore. I move trying my hardest not to wake him and I succeed.

I walk over to the bathroom and close the door behind me. I turn on the tap  to cold water and start to fill a bucket up with water. I'mm getting him back for this morning. Mate or not, he is going to pay.

I sneak back into the room and stand over him with the  bucket in my hands.

"Don't even think about it." I hear a voice in my head.

I turn my head to see Owen standing in the door with a frown.

"I'm going to get him back and that is just what I plan on doing." I say to him through the pack bond.

"Fine, don't say I didn't warn you." Owen say backing up a little.

I count to three in my head and dump the water on my sleeping mate causing him to spring from the bed.

He looks at me and I smile. His expression fills with mischief and lust. I take a step back and he takes one closer.

I run out of the room and past Owen. Laughing as Dominic chases after me. I look up ahead and see that the front door is open. I leap out the door changing to my wolf in mid-air. I start to run though the forest and through the pack territory with Dominic on my tale every second of the way.

He finally tackles me to the ground when I slow down wanting to give up.

"You think your so funny, don't you?" He chuckles.

A gust of wind blows and everything in me stiffens.

"What do you smell?" Dominic asks though  our mind-link.

"I smell my parents." I whisper.

Dominic lets out a low growl as I mention my parents.

We both start running back to the house knowing that if they find us there, we have the upper hand. Although I know that my father wont hurt me, he may want to try and hurt Dominic because I'm assuming that dad may have thought I was kidnapped because I didn't tell him that I found my mate before I ran out on him.

"They must have followed my scent." I whisper to myself.

I can sense the smell getting stronger which mean's my folks are getting closer.

Wish me luck...

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

thanks for reading my book! Y'all are great!

Xoxo
-Maddie

(Updated and edited on August 1, 2016)