12 ~ Wendy's

Sienna's POV

The cold evening air nips at my cheeks as I'm sitting on my balcony. The wind howls in the distance as I reach out for my coffee.

It still doesn't feel real. My mother being gone. Dead.

I always imagined that it would be us, always and forever, but I guess forever doesn't really exist. 

Everything's all so different now and up until now I haven't noticed that I've just been piling everything up, waiting until it feels like my chest is going to explode. 

I grip my coffee mug tighter as I feel tears brim the corner of my eyes.

It doesn't feel right that she's not here with me.

With us.

The tears slowly become sobs, as I clutch my chest, looking for some sort of relief from my grief.

I can feel my lungs tightening with every breath I attempt to make and I can hear the rapid pulsing of my heart in veins. 

My vision becomes blurrier as my grief turns into panic.

Everything just becomes too much and it feels like I'm about to pass out and I want to scream, I want to shout, I just want to be able to say something - anything. But I can't. It's like a hand has wrapped itself around my neck, squeezing all of the air out of my lungs. 

My breathing has now turn sporadic and my hands begin shaking violently. 

1. 2. 3. 4. Breath. 1. 2. 3. 4. Breath. 1. 2. 3-

A hand rests on my shoulder and my head whips around suddenly.

I can't see who it is through the array of tears that are still falling down my probably daunting face. 

I can however just make out the voice of whoever it is, slowly telling me that everything is alright. 

It doesn't feel like that.

It feels like at any moment I'm just going to drop dead and based on how I'm feeling right now death doesn't seem to unappealing.

"Sie, just breathe. It's okay. I'm right here. Just focus on my voice. Nothing is going to hurt you, just listen to my voice. Can you do that for me?

I merely nod in response, focusing on the way the person's hand is resting on my shoulder and the way I can feel their face so, so close to mine.

The person gently pulls my head to their chest and slowly strokes my hair, whilst still talking me out of the panic attack.

My vision slowly begins to clear and there is no longer a buzzing sound in my ears.

"Are you okay?" The person asks and I look up, my mouth dropping slightly at the sight.

A shirtless Ruben.

Staring down at me.

With my head.

Resting on his bare chest.

My eyes widen in horror as I push myself away from him instantly, scrambling to get up.

"Wha-how? W-Why are you up here? How are you up here? Who let you in?" I ramble out, my mouth going a mile a minute.

"Calm down princess." Ruben chuckled, taking a seat next to me, "What's wrong?" 

His face had morphed into one of concern, the once cocky grin now replaced with a soft smile.

"I'd rather not right now. I don't know you."

"Well then lets get to know each other." He lifts himself up, reaching forward and offering me his hand.