4 ~ Other halves

Sienna's POV ~

I didn't doubt that I had family, I mean I trust what my mom says, so if she says, or writes in this case, that I have family, I believe her. But hearing the social worker say that I have family made it feel tens times more real.

I still can't wrap my head around the fact that I'm a triplet.

For 15 years, I believed that I was only child. For 15 years, I felt like something was missing, and now that I know what that thing was, or who it was, I don't know how to feel.

After Lindsay had told me the DNA results, she said that she called my father after showing him the results and that he had agreed to take me in. He was on his way to pick me up with my brothers and that I should stay at the hotel near the airport until they all arrive.

So that's what I'm doing right now.

Laying on the floor of a really fucking expensive hotel room.

I mean sure I could lay on the bed, but where's the fun in that?

I look over at the clock on the wall to see the time. 8:56 am. Great. Another 10 hours until my family arrive.

Still feels weird to say family.

Lindsay had told me that they left 2 hours ago and it's a 12 hour flight from Italy to Chicago. How on earth can they sit in a plane for 12 hours straight?! My legs would have died after 2.

A heard a soft knock on my door, and so I got up off the floor and went to open it.

I was greeted by an old lady who seems to be part of house keeping.

"Hi is everything alright?", I politely asks as the lady begins picking up a tray of food from a cart.

"Yes dear, everything is quite alright. Mr Romano requested that I come up to give you some breakfast.", she smiles at me as I carefully take the tray of food from her hands.

"You know my father?", I question curiously.

"Ah yes. Your father actually owns this hotel funnily enough. That's how you were able to get a room so quick.", the lady says, as she lets out a small laugh.

"If you don't mind, would you be able to tell me a bit about my family?", I ask.

"Oh my of course. It's actually the end of my morning shift so I'd love to tell you about them.", she happily says as I gesture for her to come in and take a seat.

"So dear, what would you like to know?", the lady asks.

"I was just wondering, what's your name?", I ask as I realized I didn't know the lady's name.

"My name's Flora dear.", Flora smiles at me.

"Nice to meet you Flora. I'm Sienna.", I smile back.

"Ah lovely name for such a lovely girl. What would you like to know about your family?"

"Who's in my family? Like how many siblings to I have? Stuff like that."

"Well I have to say you have a very big family. Your father's name is Lucian and then you have your full siblings, I'll go in age order. First there's Alessandro, Alexander, and Elijah, then there's also Xavier, Xander, Valentino and Matteo, and lastly your twins, Stefano and Salvatore. Your father remarried this lovely lady named Sofia, but sadly she died just a few years back. Sofia has 5 sons from a previous marriage.", Flora explains.

"Wow that's a lot of boys.", I exclaim as my mouth hangs open, probably catching flies.

"Yes indeed. You're actually the first born girl in the family since the 1800's.", Flora tells me.

"No way. What are my step brothers called?", I ask.

"In age order you've got, Luca, Vincenzo, Lorenzo, Giovanni and Carlo, and then 7 years ago, Sofia gave birth to a boy named Jacob, your half brother.", Flora says, smiling at me.

A huge grin makes it way across my face as I hear that I have a baby brother.

"Oh my look at the time.", Flora says as she glances at the clock, which now says 9:36am. "I'm so sorry dear, but I must get home. My husband is expecting me back by 10."

"Of course, it's fine. It was a pleasure meeting you."

"Likewise.", Flora smiles as she leaves the room, being sure to take the cart that she came with.

Great. Just 9 and a half more hours to go.

~~~~~

They've landed. 

I have no clue when they are going to get here, Lindsay just said that they have landed.

They could be another hour going through bagging and everything, or they could be here on their way here already.

I can feel my heart pounding and my breathing increase as I pace up and down the room, constantly glancing over at the clock.

What if they don't like me?

What if they think I'm weird and they don't want me?

What if they kick me to curb and make me fend for my self?

What if they hate me?

What if-

I'm brought out of my thoughts by a knock on the door.

They're here. 

I rush over to the door, trying to calm myself as I reach for the door handle.

My hand grips around the handle as I slowly pull it down and open the door, my eyes immediately locking with 2 pairs of eyes, both pairs identical to mine.

I take a closer look at the faces of the people in front of me and I feel my breath hitch as I look at them. Two faces nearly identical to mine stare back at me as they too seem to be studying my face.

After what seemed like forever, I was pulled forward as 2 sets of arms engulf me into a hug.

I was finally in the arms of my other halves.