11 ~ Suspicious

Sienna's POV ~

"What the actual fuck. Ouch!" Matteo screeched as he rubbed his now red arm. "What the hell Xander!"

"Watch your language." Xander just smirked, turning to Dad and whispering something.

Dad simply nodded pointing his finger behind me and curling his finger at someone to step forward.

"Sienna, this is Ruben. You'll be sparing with him so we get an idea of your skill set."

"Sparing? Can't we just do it normally? Sparing is boring." I groan, inwardly smirking as I see my dad look towards Alessandro questioningly.

"No. Absolutely not. What if he's too strong? Besides she's a girl, she can't win against him. Besides, Ruben can't hit a girl." Alessandro states with certainty, crossing his arms in attempt to end the conversation.

"That's a bit sexist. A woman could easily beat a man, with the right motivation." I wink, turning towards Ruben, grabbing his arm and dragging him into the ring.

"Good luck man." Giovanni calls out.

"He'll need it." I wink, quickly throwing a punch at Ruben.

He attempts to to duck but my knuckles just caught the end of his nose, the crunch of bone like angelic singing to my ears.

"Damn that was hard." He groans, looking up at me through the gaps in his hair.

"Try to keep up blondie."

"I'm not blonde princess."

"No shit, but brunettie doesn't exactly have a nice ring to it, does it?" I reach forward, offering him a hand up.

Just as I start pulling him up I swing my right leg forward, sweeping him clean off of his feet.

"How's that for a girl?" I smirk, the thud as his ass hits the ground satisfying my ears.

"Not too shabby." He chuckles, holding his head.

I spin around, facing the others, all of who have their jaws wide open in awe.

Or maybe shock. Or fear.

I can't tell. I'm not exactly the best at reading faces.

"You done staring?"

Suddenly, my knees buckle from under me and my body flies forward.

That bastard.

Before hitting the ground, I reach my arms forward, blocking my fall, and swing my leg backwards, knocking him back to floor.

As he comes falling forwards in my direction, I roll over, avoiding him completely and jump back up.

I wrap my legs around his torso, successfully pinning him down, and place my fist firmly to his temple.

"One punch and you're out cold. Any last words." I smirk down out him, my smirk growing as he attempts to wriggle out of my strong grip.

"You're hot like this princess." He chuckles and with one hit, his head drops to the mat, unconscious.

"Jackass."

Silence fills the air as all eyes in the room were on me. This time I could tell that it was shock.

A hand is suddenly placed on the small of my back and my hand instinctively grips it and tightly twists it. However, once I see Stef's eyes, my grip loosens and give him an apologetic smile.

"Come on, we'll help you clean up." He smiles, pulling me gently towards the shower rooms.

"Just sit on the counter and we'll get the antiseptics." Sal locks the door and reaches for the first aid kit on one of the shelves.

"I can do this myself you know. I'm capable of cleaning up the cuts." i laugh, trying to reach for the box but Sal pulls it back.

"We don't doubt that you can, but since we're here you should've had to do it yourself." Stef wipes my knuckles tenderly, careful not to press too hard, "I still don't get how you're so good at fighting, it the rest of us years of training to get good and even the we're nowhere near as good as you."

"Training?"

Stef rubs his neck, chuckling nervously and sending a helpless look to Sal.

"Yeah, like how you had training to some extent. Dad wanted to make sure we could defend ourselves." Sal tries to lie, although I could tell that there were some truths to that statement.

"Defend you from what? You're all upperclass white men, practically top of the social hierarchy. What could you possibly need to defend yourselves from. You're the most privileged group in the world." I argue, retreating my hand from Sal who had started wrapping them.

"Well you're not exactly wrong, but what about you. White upperclass woman? Why would mom make you train?" Stef counteracted, raising an eyebrow.

"See the difference between you and me is that I'm a girl. I go out most nights triple checking I have pepper spray on me in case someone followed me home. I'm never able to drink at a party without worrying that someone spiked my drink or that someone would drag me into a closet and rape me because that happens. It happens a lot and I am not going to sit here and say that it doesn't happen to men because it does. I know damn well it does. But it's 1 in 6 women. So yes, I may be white and I know that I have white privilege and I know that I don't experience the racial inequities that others do, but I am still a woman and being a woman gives me reason enough to need to be trained in defence. Oh and please, I didn't grow up upper class like you did, mom fought tooth and nail to provide for me."

I pause, taking a deep breath.

They just stare at me, completely and utter silent.

I take another breath before continuing my next sentence.

"Now why are you guys trained and why do you have a gym? I don't believe tat bullshit lie dad spewed out earlier. I'm not stupid, you don't just own a gym for employees."

"Extra money." Sal spurts out, trying to take my hand again to finish wrapping it.

"Liar."

"Right, our family mostly runs a security company which provides guards, personal trainers for self defence, security cameras and systems as well as weapons, primarily guns. The men in there were mostly our guards, but in general to be employed you need excellent physical health , so the gyms provides that and saves anyone from going to other gyms since this is free for employees." Stef explains, pulling my hands away from Sal and finishing them himself.

"And we're all trained because we occasionally help with the business which, like I said, requires a lot of physical labour and therefore, training." Sal smiles, placing the first aid kit away and helping me off of the counter.

The three of us make our way back to the others, all walking in a somewhat awkward silence.

"Happy now that you've got your answer. Dad won't be happy we told you, he though the whole weapons thing would scare you away." Stef chuckles, placing a hand on my shoulder.

No. Something's going on here and I'm going to find out what that is.

A/N ~ Heyyyy, sorry for the long wait again. Now that their bambina is finished this will be my priority book but I am in an exam year (year 11 if you're english) and I have my mocks starting Monday. Hopefully once I've done those I can start updating my often again. Love you all, stay safe <3