2 ~ The letter

Sienna's POV ~

She's gone. 

My only family is gone. 

The ambulance came and took her body away and officially recorded her death.

What happens now? It not like I have anywhere to go. It was always me and mom. No one else. It was just me and my mom in a small house in Chicago. We don't have any other family.

"Hi dear.", I heard a sweet voice asks from above me. 

I lift my head up and see a young woman no older than 30, giving me a small smile.

"Hi sweetie. My names Lindsay, and I'll be your social worker since your mother is gone. Now before we do anything, is there anything you'd like to get from your house before I take you to my office?", Lindsay politely asks.

That reminds me of the letter my mom told me about.

"Um, yes m-miss.", I respond, my voice still shaky from all the crying.

"Alright then.", She says then as she takes my hand and leads me out of the station and towards her car.

I open the car door and enter the passenger side, whilst Lindsay gets into the drivers side. She starts the car and we make our way from the station, back to my house.

Once we arrive, I exit the car and see police scattered around the place. I feel my anxiety begin to rise as we make our way through the crowd and to the front door.

"Would you like me to come in with you or would you rather be alone?", Lindsay asks, placing a comforting hand on my shoulder.

"Um, I'd r-rather go in alone.", I say, but it comes out as more of a whisper.

Lindsay nods her head in response and carefully opens the door for me to enter.

The house has been slightly cleaned up, however there's still blood everywhere. My mothers blood.

I shiver as the memory of my mothers body creeps into my head. 

I give Lindsay a thankful smile before leaving to go up the stairs.

I eventually reach my mom's room after swerving through all of the officers inspecting the house.

Taking in a deep breath, I open the door and see the room just how my mother always left it, neat and organized.

I make my way over to the bedside table and reach for the drawer that she instructed me to go to. Opening it carefully, I see a small bunch of letters, joined together by an elastic band.

Pulling off the elastic band, I look at all of the letters. In total there are 11 letters, each one addressed to a different person. I look at the names on each of the letters.

Lucian, Alessandro, Alexander, Elijah, Xander, Xavier, Valentino, Matteo, Stefano, Salvatore and Sienna.

No clue who the other people are but oh well.

I reach out for my letter and slowly peel off the envelope and take out the letter.

Opening of the paper, I begin reading.

Dear Sienna, 

If  you're reading this then either I am no longer with you or you have just found this and if you were snooping around then get your snooping nose out of my stuff.

Anyways. Firstly, I want to say how proud I am of the young woman you've become. You are strong and kind and one of the best people I know. I am blessed to be able to call you my daughter.

I have most likely already asked you to forgive me but I will ask you again. I did what I thought was best to protect you and I ask that you forgive me and that you will not be mad at me.

When you were born, I was pregnant with triplets, Stefano, Salvatore, and you. I had planned on faking my death, along with yours, so that I could protect you. So that is what I did. 

Once you were born, the doctor had told your father and brothers that you and I had died due to complications with your birth, and once they had left the hospital with your twins, I took you away to Chicago to raise you.

I will not tell you what I was protecting you from, as I feel that it should be your father who tells you.

When your social worker asks if you have any family, asks for a DNA test. The test will show that you have living relatives, your father and brothers.

I know your father very well. Once he sees the DNA test I am sure that he will take you in.

The only thing that I ask from you is that you give the other letters to your father and brothers, I am sure you've noticed the names on the front of each one.

Remember, I love you so much. 

Always.

All my love, mom x

Tears were pouring out of my eyes once I finished reading.

I have a family.

Wait. I'M A TRIPLET. HOLY SHIT.

I quickly grab all of the letters an rush out of room and down the hall. I pass through all of the officers and walk out of the front door towards Lindsay and noce she sees me, she gives me a warm smile, opening the car door for me to enter.

My thoughts are going haywire as we pull out of the drive way and onto the road.

I have a family. 

I understand why mom left. She was protecting me.

But what was she protecting me from?