~32~

|~|

I almost excepted to see a message from Hongjoong when I woke up, aplogizing. But I didn't.

Did it matter?

Even if there was an apology sitting in my phone, why should I care when he made it clear he didn't.

I needed to talk to someone. I considered my mother a moment, but knowing she would want to visit in person, I quickly opted for someone I knew less over my mom.

Jihoon.
Were me close? No. Would he be willing to talk to me? Probably.

I wandered down the hallway, knocking on his door a few times.

The short purple haired boy opened the door. His hair messy, and eyes squinted and puffy, obviously not being up for too long.

"Did I wake you?"
I asked apologeticly.
Jihoon shook his head.
"Nah. I was already up. What do you need?"
He asked, moving to the side and gesturing me to enter the small dorm room.
"Just someone to talk to... I guess."

Jihoon dropped himself down onto his bed, crossing his legs under one another.
"Go ahead."
He sweetly smiled.
"Me and Hongjoong had an argument."
Jihoon furrowed his eyebrows.
"Oh? About what?"
He tapped his hand against his unmade bed, prompting me to sit with him, rather then just standing awkwardly in front of him.
I laughed sadly at the question. I didn't even really understand why the argument escalated the way it did.
"About his boyfriend. I suppose? And he just proceeded to essentially say to me he didn't like me."
I answered.
"Hongjoong has a boyfriend?"
He went quiet a moment, his eyes looking me up and down.
"And it's not you?"

I burst out laughing. My sadness disappearing for a moment. Wheezing at Jihoon's assumption that we would be a couple.
"What?!"
He asked, my laughter contagious, making him laugh.
"Fuck no not me. He's dating some asshole guitarest."
I laughed, Jihoon nodded.
"Why's he an ass?"
He asked.
"He just... I don't know. He was just aggravating. Their whole relationship is unhealthy."

"Why do you care?"
He asked.

Why did I care?
"I- I don't know."

Jihoon cocked an eyebrow.
"I do~"
He sang.
"Because you, like Hongjoong. That's why."
I felt my face heat up.
"No?"
I frantically responded. Jihoon hummed.
"I don't think I believe you~ you should just talk to him. I'm almost positive he didn't mean what he said."
He simply shrugged.

We sat, talking for a few more hours. Our conversations flowing smoothly.

My phone buzzed with a message from Chanhee.

'There's an art exhibit tonight. Would you like to come?'

I smiled at the text. Quickly typing in a quick agreement.

"I guess it doesn't matter."
I said. Jihoon nodded.
"I'll just distract myself from thinking about him. Eventually, I won't care anymore."

I stood, making my way out of his dorm quickly.

"I actually don't think that's how it works-"
Jihoon called out.