~19~

|-|

I zipped down the hills of the small city on my newly acquired bike.

Turning the corner to a secluded parking lot, figuring now would be the best time to call Jisung. I planned to call him later, but since Seonghwa had practically shoved me down his aunt's front porch. His cheeks flushed in embarrassment over something his aunt had said.

My phone rings. Once. Twice.
"Hongjoong,"
I could hear rustling, and a hushed voice on the other line.
"Why are you calling."

Why? He asked me to?
"You wanted me to?"
I asked.
"But not right now. I'm- we're practicing for the show tonight."
I silently did the math in my head.
"Your show is literally in six hours."
There's no way the band was going to be practicing for six hours.

"Yeah. But Lix needs to practice his... Bass line more."
Jisung responded.
"Oh. Okay. Well I can wait until you're done w-"

"No. You can talk. It's fine. Whatever."
He sounded annoyed.
"What have you been up to?"
I ask awkwardly. Everything about this call was already going horribly. And I almost just wanted out.
"Uh. Touring. What else would I be doing?"

"I can't wait for your show here,"
I pause a moment.
"Twenty days."

"You have a boyfriend yet?"
He suddenly asked.
"Too busy thinking about you."
I respond. Hoping to fluster him at least a bit.

A soft voice called his name. It sounded close. But barely a whisper. I couldn't place it, though it sounded familiar.

"Hey. I really have to be going. Gotta get back to practice."
Jisung said.
"Okay. Well, have a good show."

And with that, he hung up the phone.
No goodbye.

Every day, I felt as though I got a new Jisung. He was different. And I wish I could just, have one.

He loves me.

I just have to keep reminding myself.

I hadn't told him about Seonghwa. I knew he wouldn't like it. He didn't believe I could be around someone and just be friends. But then again, I hadn't given him much of a reason to believe that.

I had twenty days, and it took two weeks for Seonghwa to even get a phone number. I can't imagine how love it's going to take him to ask anyone out.

I couldn't introduce him to Jisung unless he had a boyfriend, or was damn close to having a boyfriend. I knew Jisung would assume I was in some sort of relationship with him.

I sat, watching cars drive by, trying to figure out the best way for Seonghwa to ask Chanhee out.

Something inside me, for some reason, didn't like the idea of Seonghwa going out with Chanhee. Even though that was literally the plan. The plan was to get Seonghwa a boyfriend. And who that boyfriend was, wasn't up to me. I had no control.

At this point.

I don't even know what the plan is. I have twenty days.

I didn't even know what I could help with.

It'll be completely fine.

What I could do, was help him get dressed. Nothing's better then looking nice to win someone over.

Not that he dressed poorly, I loved most of the things he wore, he always looked beautiful, but he did wear the same things over and over again. He could look nicer to the 'outside world'.

I just have to remind myself not to worry too much. He's not my responsibility. He's not my partner, he's barely my friend. What happens to him happens to him. I don't care.

'you wanna go through your closet today?'
I messaged. To which he agreed.

A/N
Sorry this is hella short. It's kinda a filler just to get the story where the story is supposed to be lmao