~23~

|-|
I walk into the library completely drenched.

Nothing like riding your bike down hills in the pouring rain.

As I'm trying to dry my shoes off as well as I can a hand tugs me into a small room to the right of the entrance.

"Ew,"
Seonghwa retracts his hand, wiping them on his tight pants.
"You're wet."
I roll my eyes, moving to rub my wet arm on his, to which he jumps away in a quiet shriek.
"I would've waited out the storm. But someone... Was messaging me, asking when I would get here."
I look over his shoulder into the main room. Spotting the rectangular table Chanhee and Jongho we're sat at. Books already open in front of them.

"Have you gone over?"
I ask.
"Nah. Just been creepily standing by the door."
Seonghwa says, turning in the direction I was looking.

I look over his body. He did look nice.
His pants suited his body type amazingly, perfectly fitting the curves of his legs, and the loose fitted black, lace-sleeved, shirt he chose to wear looked equally as pretty on him.
"I like your pants."
His cheeks burned pink
"Thanks."
He says looking down at his own body.
"Now..."
I grab his hand.
"Let's find out what Chanhee thinks."

We head over to the table, Chanhee and Jongho look up. Quickly sliding their books closer to themselves to make room for us to sit.

"Hey."
Chanhee greets.
"Hey."
Seonghwa responds. Plunking himself as far away from Chanhee as humanly possible.

Perfect.

"Pretty shirt."
Jongho compliments, pointing out the pretty floral laced pattern the sleeves were made out of.
Chanhee nods in agreement.

That's something... I guess.

"Hey Hwa,"
I tap his leg with my foot.
"Don't you need that outlet?"
I ask tilting my head to the seat right across from Chanhee. Praying he didn't fuck it up.
Thankfully. He didn't.
"Oh! Y-yeah. Thanks for reminding me."
His eyes wide.

"Did you guys get your reading done?"
Chanhee asks, holding up an old copy of To Kill a Mockingbird.

I look to Seonghwa with a 'please say something' expression. And luckily, he actually gets it.

"Yeah. I thought we left that book it highschool."
Seonghwa laughs, Chanhee quickly returning it.
"One read is more then enough for me."
For once, I do agree with him.

Small talk turns to studying. Seonghwa noisily tapping his pen against his notebook, and not so subtly glancing up at Chanhee, though he doesn't seem to notice it.

I lean back in my chair. My damp clothes sticking, and squishing with each movement.

I haven't heard from my dad or Jisung since last night. My fingers tap the cracked screen of my phone. Still nothing.

The guilt was so strong I ended up sending my dad the money i could send, but it didn't matter. She sent it right back. Not a word.

It made me nervous.

I scoot my chair out from the table, heads turned at my sudden movement.
"I'm just gonna go look through some books."
I say, standing up.

On my way over to the adult fiction area, I catch sight of Yeosang sitting at a table, books placed all around him.
"What are you up to?"
I ask, walking up to him.
"Studying."
He says blankly.
"I'll see you at home tonight. Go away."
He shoos.

Not particularly the interaction I was expecting. But I walk away from the agitated blonde, and off to the section I was headed.

I grab a few books off the shelves, knowing I wouldn't have time to read them all in two weeks, but one can try, and head back to our table to find Chanhee laughing wildly at something Seonghwa had said.

I smile at the two, setting my stack of books into the table.

Seonghwa looks over the stack, and back at me.
"Why are you a music major when all you do is read?"
He asks.
"I love music, and you don't get paid to read."
Seonghwa rolls his eyes.

Chanhee perks up.
"Actually. History majors kinda get paid to read."

"No."
I quickly shoot down the idea of being a history major.
"Wow, okay."
Chanhee says, clear annoyance in his tone.

I laugh. Ignoring anything else that was to come out of his mouth. Flipping open the first page of the top book on my stack.

But the words blurred together. I just cannot stop thinking about my dad. Worrying about my dad. He had bills on autopay, groceries delivered, and my neighbor checking on him. He was completely fine. But I was terrified.

"I'm gonna grab water."
Seonghwa says standing up.
"I'll come with you!"
Chanhee says, joining him.

Seonghwa's eyes are exactly the expression you'd imagine when someone says 'a deer caught in headlights'

"Want anything?"
Chanhee asks.
I shake my head.
"Water."
Jongho requests. Not looking up from his textbook.

I watch them walk off. Seonghwa's hands nervously placed in his pockets. As Chanhee went on about something I couldn't hear too well.

I smile to myself. See that, Jisung? Progress.

It was odd though. Especially after thst phone call last night.

Did I care what he thought anymore?

I wanted to see Seonghwa happy. However that may be. I cared about him. I cared about seeing him smile, and laugh. No matter what Jisung thinks of it.

I shake my head.

Step three. Commence.