~30~

|~|

The venue was small yet still had the energy of a stadium. Red and white lights danced across the band's stage.

Chanhee stood to the left of me, seemingly having the time of his life, and Hongjoong on the right. He'd been ignoring me all night. Barely one word spoken.

It annoyed me, because I didn't understand why. I didn't understand what I had done.

"They're good."
Chanhee said, leaning over to speak into my ear over the loud music blaring over the speakers.
"Yeah."
I say, probably not even loud enough for him to hear.

I couldn't take my eyes off Hongjoong. It was driving me insane. I was here with Chanhee. Someone I've wanted to go out with for years. Yet I'm worried about Hongjoong, and why's he's acting the way he was.

My mind traveled back to the moment in the library. The moment our lips were mere centimeters apart. The moment I wanted to kiss him, almost kissed him.

But tonight, instead of his eyes glued to me, they were glued to Jisung, and Jisung's glued to his. He looked as if every lyric he sang was directed to Hongjoong, just for Hongjoong.

After their, admittedly good, set, Jisung got off stage, pulling Hongjoong into a tight hug, spinning him around so his back would be flush to Jisung's front, and I almost dreaded seeing them kiss, but they didn't.

"Hey, babe."
Jisung said, a smile on his face.
"How were we?"
He asked looking up, still keeping Hongjoong in a firm hold.
"Fine."
I stated plainly, Hongjoong glared at me, his eyes burning in to mine.
"You did great."
Hongjoong said, his eyes still on mine.

The small conversation went on, words rarely leaving my lips. It annoyed me. Their relationship annoyed me. There was no love in the way Jisung looked at Hongjoong. It was just, empty. His words sounded sweet, but there was such an underlying tone of fakeness.

Granted, I misjudged Hongjoong. Maybe my sense of someone's personality isn't as accurate as I thought.

Maybe Hongjoong really loved him.

Jisung's hands slightly slipped inside Hongjoong's shirt, resting his hands on Hongjoong's bare stomach. Maybe I was paying too much attention to notice such a thing.

"Seonghwa, right?"
Jisung asked, nodding twords me.
"Good guess."
I answered.
"Wow, so polite, aren't we?"
Jisung's voice was taunting with every word he spoke to me.
"I try."

Hongjoong took a sudden sharp inhale, grabbing Jisung's hands, freeing himself from his grasp. Something about the interaction felt slightly off. But that may have just been me not liking all their interactions.
"You want a drink?"
He offered, Jisung nodded.
"That would be great."

We watched as Hongjoong wondered off.

Jisung's smile dropped the second Hongjoong was out of eyeline.
"So, you're Hongjoong's new toy?"
He asked, turning to me.
"What?"

"Thanks for keeping him occupied while I wasn't around."
He snarled
"You're very pretty, hm?"

"I- what?"

"You're pretty. Such a cute replacement. You won't have to put up with him anymore."
He started.
"I'll take him back now. He's pretty easy to convince of things."
He said, taking a step twords me. A piece of me felt like I was shrinking underneath him, he felt threatening even though he was shorter, smaller.
"You mean manipulate?"
I asked.
Jisung just shrugged. As Hongjoong returned, two drinks in his hand.

"What were you two talking about?"
Hongjoong asked, smiling, Jisung returned the smile.
"Mm, you."
He said, sipping from the glass Hongjoong handed him.
"Only the good things I hope."
Hongjoong laughed.
"Of course only the good things."
Hongjoong looked at me, eyes hopeful.
I nodded.
"Yeah. Only the good."

I debated telling Hongjoong, and how exactly I should tell him. However it was done, I needed to tell him, and fairly soon.

"I'm gonna run to the bathroom."
I said, quickly walking off.

I typed a quick message out to Hongjoong.
'meet in the bathroom, please.'

Hongjoong came quicker then I had excepted, closing the door behind him.
"Why do you want? You just ditched your date."
He said, his brows furrowed.
"I don't like him."
I said.
"Who? What? Chanhee?"
Hongjoong laughed.
"All of a sudden?"

"No. Jisung."

"You don't even know Jisung."
He scoffed.
"I know enough. And I don't like him. You deserve better."
I said.
"I don't think it's your place to decide what I deserve."

"Maybe not, but I know what a healthy relationship looks like, Hongjoong, and that's not one."
I kept my tone level as well as I could.
"What do you know about relationships. You've never even had one."
He said, his voice anything but soft, the harshness making me slightly flinch.
"No, but I know he's not the right person for you."
I said slightly louder.

Hongjoong went silent a moment.

"Well lucky for you, you dont have to deal with me ever fucking again. We're not friends. We can finally stop acting like we give a shit."
He spat.

I felt my eyes gloss over, tears threatening to slip down my cheeks.
"Wow,"
I tried to blink away the tears stinging my eyes.
"Okay then."