~8~

[comments are always very welcome!]

|~|

A seven o'clock biology class first thing in the morning wasn't exactly my first choice, but it's what I chose.

Not only because I know Chanhee was in this class, but also because it would handle my required science class, which in turn means I won't have to take one later in the year.

I looked over the classroom. Everyone looking equally as tired as I was. Most people were at the party last night, which means a lot of hangovers. I for one was not hungover, I was really just this tired.

I finally found the small pink haired boy, laughing and smiling with Jongho. He seemed to be the only person in the whole room who was smiling.

Jongho had gone to the same highschool as us. And was actually one of the only people who ever talked to me. Sitting with me at lunch most days. We never exchanged numbers, or ever became friends, and I sort of regret that. He was always so sweet.

I walked three rows deep, trying to think of the seat Chanhee would sit in, trying to maybe, just maybe sit next to him.

Chanhee sits in the chair right next to where I was planning to sit. Yes.
"Is anyone sitting here?"
I speak out, pointing at the chair. My voice coming out as a barley audible whisper. Between that, and my embarrassment, I don't even attempt to repeat myself, simply deciding to sit further away.

Nice. Good job on fallowing through, Hwa. You're doin great.

I plop myself into the uncomfortable chair. And try my best to brush off my embarrassment, and focus on the class. Pulling out my notebook and pen, preparing everything to make good notes.

My eyes flicker to Chanhee to the right in front of me. Noticing the chair untaken. The seat that could've easily been mine.

Right as the professor is adjusting his mic to his height, the door slams open against the wall and in walks none other than Kim Hongjoong. Late.

I duck my head down. Praying he doesn't see me. I pretend to be taking notes, fully emersed in every syllabled I place down. I watch him out of the corner of my eye. He squeezes by some people walking up to take the empty chair right... By... Me...

Of course.

His eyes fixated on my frame. I keep mine locked on my notebook.
"You know your man's sitting down there."
He practically screams.
"Shhhhhhh. Shut the fuck up"
I frantically look to see if Chanhee heard. Luckily, Jongho was still keeping a steady conversation with him.

"Why didn't you sit by him?"
Hongjoong asked.
"Why don't you go sit by him?"
I ask.
"Or literally anywhere else?"
I gestures the the hundreds of empty seats elsewhere.

Hongjoong snorted.
"You've had time to think. What's the thought?"

I silently glared at him. Promptly turning my attention back to the professor, who is finally introducing himself. He goes over the simple rules, and rants of "this isn't highschool" and "no show means you fail" and on.

All of it seemed a little dramatic for a class I can simply retake later.

As class starts. I begin taking notes. A pale hand slides across my notebook. A very pretty hand, I must admit, but that doesn't stop me from smack it. Hongjoong retracts his hand.
"Hey! I just need to barrow a pencil, fuck."
He whisper yelled.
"Oh my God. Here"
I toss a pencil in his direction. Why would he bring a writing utensil, to I don't know write with.