~27~

|-|

I toss my eyeliner back into my bag. I turn back to the mirror. Looking over my own appearance, being sure my makeup was perfect, and that my hair laid nicely, lightly brushing my fingers through it.

I gripped at the sides of the cold porcelain sink, dropping my head. I felt so nervous. Anxiety bubbling inside me.

It was Seonghwa.

It was a fake date.

There was no reason to be nervous. I do not get nervous over any date, but definitely not a date with Park Seonghwa, and definitely not a fake date. Those two things combined should be the easiest thing I ever do.

Maybe I was just nervous for skating. I'd never been. But how hard could it be, let's be honest.

I slipped out of the bathroom, practically running to the door, passing my blonde roommate seated on the couch, book propped on his leg.
"Where are you off to?"
He asked, eyes flicking up to meet mine.
"Date- well, not really. A fake date."
He cocked an eyebrow, shaking his head before letting out a sweet hum, returning his eyes to his book. As I reached for the door knob, his voice rang out again.
"Have fun, Joong."
He said.
"You too?"
My voice has more question evident in it then I had wanted, it felt so... Friend like? I hadn't thought of Yeosang as a friend, but right now, it felt as though maybe I was wrong.

I looked down the wooden steps of my apartment, Seonghwa's van parked just outside, him standing next to it, dressed in a blue, nearly black, loose fit silk button down, and tight black jeans fitted perfectly to the curves of his legs.

He looked absolutely...

"Well, how do I look~?"
He asked, looking up the stairs at me with hopeful eyes.
"You look absolutely... Beautiful..."
I respond. Watching his face become a light shade of pink.
"Oh,"
His eyes dropped from mine to the ground.
"Thank you."

The drive to the rink was comfortably silent. I couldn't take my gaze off the dark haired boy in the driver's seat, currently so focused on the road ahead of him. I finally took in his appearance of the day. He was wearing more makeup then usual, glittery light pink eyeshadow dusted his eyelids, a burgundy eyeliner smuded around his eyes, a light coat of glossy red lip tint on his plump lips.

His hair was pushed back out of his face, only a few loose strands fell to hang in front, though I knew they we're meticulously placed.

I noticed his shirt was more unbuttoned than I'd ever seen, he had necklaces hanging from his neck of different thickness and lengths, two silver rings stacked on his right ring finger, he had long silver chain earrings piercing his ears, small stars hung off of each chain.

He really did look gorgeous.

The skating rink was dimly lit, all the lights were multicolored, the lights caught Seonghwa's shiney black hair as he laced up his skate, the shine it gave off was of a purple, and green hue,. The longer I looked at him, the better looking he kept getting. Especially tonight.

'how hard could it be?' the answer?
Very.
It can be very hard.

I clung to the walls as people quickly rolled by me, I looked like a fool. My wheels clomped against the shiney wooden floor.

Seonghwa skated up to my side, pivot spinning to a stop. A smile wide across his face.
"Have you never skated?"
He asked, looking me up and down.
"You're too leaned forward. If you do that you're gonna fall b-"
As if on cue, my feet slide out from under me faster then I even could react.

I landed so hard on my tailbone, I felt the pain radiate up my spine, and I was almost positive it was shattered into a million pieces. I lied all the way down with a groan.

Seonghwa propped himself up on his toe stops, squatting down next to me.
"I was just about to warn you about falling backwards."
He holds his hand out, urging me to take the help, before scooping me up of the floor.
"I'll help you out."
He said taking both my hands into his and skating backwards, dragging me in front of him.

We were so close. His face only inches from mine, I cold feel his soft breaths brush my skin. I was thankful for the blaring music, if without it, Seonghwa would probably be able to hear my heartbeat.

Each curve around the rink he leaned closer, our noses nearly brushing against each other before he would lean back into place.

I couldn't tell if my heart was racing because I was so scared to fall, or because I was scared I was falling.

My heart raced harder. His hands in mine felt so perfect. It felt so... Good? In a way. I thought of how pleasant his hands could feel elsewhere. Quickly forcing those thoughts away from my mind.

He liked Chanhee.
He wanted to be here with him not me.

"Okay, okay. Let me try."
I requested, snatching my hands out of his. He continued to skate backwards in front of me.

I made sure to keep the rhythm he had set for me. Repeating it over and over in my head. My eyes locked to my feet.
"Look at me, eyes up."
Seonghwa said, his hand bumping my chin upward.
"It'll help."
He smiled.

Each time I slipped off balance Seonghwa was quick to steady me with his hands on my shoulders, keeping me upright.

Right as I'm about off of the slippery hell that was the wooden glossy floor, the transition from wood to carpet was far more difficult then I intended, and I hit the floor faster then before.

There was a silence between us for a moment, Seonghwa just staring at me, before we both burst into wild laughter. Nothing had ever been funnier in this moment than me eating shit at the skating rink. Seonghwa was genuinely howling with laughter, carefully helping me up to bring us back to our table.

Once our laughter settled down, and our skates were off and returned Seonghwa turned to me. A smile still on his face.
"Are you okay?"
He asked.
I nod.
"Just fine!"

I hadn't excepted to have such a wonderful time with him. Tonight felt different from any other time I'd been with him. It felt even better. I was even happier.

Genuinely happy.

A/N
This book is almost over and I'm a little bit sad about it lmao