CHAPTER 3: ONE More Gem

???: Uhh... hello? Are you alright?

Said a voice above Inkwell. They opened their eyes to see another bright blue sky, but an object is looking down to them, a green backpack of some sort. Inkwell quickly sat up and scanned their surroundings. They're on a plane with other different objects, staring at Inkwell concerningly. They let out a confused expression. The DTM is still over there, but they don't have the Time Cube anymore.

Inkwell: Where am I?

Backpack: I don't know either. Were you just teleported here too?

Inkwell: The machine behind me did.

They look at the DTM.

Soda Bottle: What is that thing?

Inkwell: It's a DTM, Dimension Travelling Machine. I used it to escape from the apocalypse happening earlier but it led me here.

The soda bottle and the backpack stared at Inkwell for a moment and they looked at each other with a confused look, and went back to Inkwell.

Liam: Odd but okay. I'm Liam. What about you?

Inkwell: You have human names?

Bryce: Uhh, yeah we do. I really do not like being called as Soda Bottle so, I'm Bryce.

Inkwell: Just call me Inkwell, it's my literal name.

Suddenly, a bright glow appeared out of nowhere, in the distance. Inkwell's face lights up since of course they think it would be a gem.

Scenty: Oh gosh, what was that? It's too bright to look at it!

Inkwell: I think I know what that might be.

Inkwell stood up and walked towards the light with a blank but determined face. But before they could reach it, a voice from somewhere spoke.

Airy: Okay uh... I'm gonna eliminate someone now.

The objects stood still with a nervous look, while Inkwell was confused about what was going on. Did they get into another reality show again? Trying to fit in, Inkwell crossed their arms and frowned as they continued to look at the glow in the distance. Then, Bryce was eliminated. The objects looked at each other, all frowns within their faces. Inkwell thought it might be their chance so they quickly ran towards the light.

Moldy: Hey, where are you going?

Inkwell did not respond and continued to run towards the light. But, they got teleported back. Inkwell lost their smiling face because of the excitement to get the gem. They kneeled on the ground and cried.

Inkwell: What the heck happened?! Why am I back here?! Is this some sort of loop?! I want the gem, please!

Liam walked towards Inkwell and sat beside them with a worried expression.

Liam: We'll be here for a while.

Inkwell looks at Liam for a second and then looks away, proceeding to look at the glow. They wonder, when will the Inkfection end? Is everyone in Inanimatica corrupted? What about their friends? Scenty also walked towards Inkwell and sat beside them, joining Liam to comfort them.

Scenty: I also wanted to get out of here like you do but, I don't know how.

Inkwell: How long have you two and the others been here?

Scenty: Hmmm, not sure. A couple of days?

Liam: A couple of days.

Inkwell: Say, what's the prize for this competition?