Parents are terrifying

-Addison-

So now that Jax is back, he wants me to meet his dad. I dunno why all of a sudden, but it seemed like he really thought it was a good idea.

I dunno.. I've never been good at meeting a guy's parents. Last time I went to meet my ex's and they hated me cause the sundress I was wearing showed off too much skin. I guess they don't like seeing skin I dunno. Anyway.. Jax was coming to pick me up in an hour.

I dunno if I'm ready for this

--later--

Jax was leading me to where his dad was staying for a bit. He said he wanted me to meet his dad before he left.

I cleared my throat, looking up at him, " So uh, what's your dad like?"
He looked at me and shrugged, " He's alright. For a dad."
" Uh huh.. um, what happened to your mom? Sorry if that's personal I'm just curious."
" That's... complicated."
" How?"
" Well, I've had 3 sets of parents."
Oh wow. I hold his hand, " How does that work?"
" I never met my birth parents, and then I had adoptive parents and I was with them for 8 years before I got drafted and I didn't talk to them after I was turned, and I didn't really bond or get to know them in general. They are either dead or just old now. Axton is my dad in the sense that he turned me, and I guess I just don't have a mom. I guess Emilia could be like my mom cause she's dating Axton, but she seems more like my friend then my mom."
" Oh.." I don't think I could've survived that. Wait, drafted? As in war drafted?! How old is he?
He smiles and nods, " I've managed though."
I nod and work up the courage to ask this, " Uh, what did you mean by drafted? How old are you?"
He bites his lip, obviously considering his words too.

Oh my god he's probably like a million years old. I don't think I could see him the same way if he is a million years old or something like that.

He sighs and meets my eyes again, " I was born in 1939, and I was turned in 1963 during the Vietnam War. So I'm stuck at 24 but I'm actually 83."
That's not as bad as it could've been, but still he's older than my grandparents are, that's kinda weird, "Oh."
He nods, " I hope that doesn't change things between us."
" I'll get back to you on that."
He smiles and nods.

He took me inside a large house after we walked in silence for a while. It was pretty nice considering that the guy who lived here moved around a lot. Jax led me around, showing me things and telling me about them. He looked so happy while he was doing it. He told me about almost everything in the house before he brought me to see his dad.

He led me into a nice looking office room, with a man, who I can only assume is his dad, sitting at the desk. He was probably older than he looked too, but he seemed nice enough. When he noticed us he smiled and stood up, " It's good to see you again Jax. Is this the girl you've been telling me so much about?"

I blushed at realizing that Jax talked about me to this man, and a lot. It's kinda weird.

The two hugged and then the man turned to me. He smiled at me and held his hand out, " My name is Axton, it's nice to finally meet you."
I take his hand, " I'm Addison. It's nice to meet you too."
" I hope my son has treated you properly."
Jax pouted at hearing that, but I shrugged, " He's been nice, though he definitely has some sort of stalker problem."
" I do not." Jax kept pouting.
" What do you call staring at me while I'm at work?"
He keeps pouting. I win.
Axton turns back towards him, " Jax, you do not get to know a woman by watching her. Talk with her with respect like she deserves."

I'm starting to like his dad. He's a good man.

" If you don't mind me asking, how old are you sir?"
He smiles at me, " Please call me Axton, and I'm 256. I was born in 1766."
I swear my jaw was probably open, yknow like how they do in the cartoons, cause oh my god how does someone look like that while being that old?!

Well he is a vampire. I guess that's how.

He smiles warmly at me, " But as far as anyone knows I'm 29."
I just nod, and excuse myself from them.
I go back down to the kitchen and sigh, getting some water. These guys were something. Once I collect myself I go back up to the office. When I do get back they aren't smiling and talking like they were when I left. Jax looked upset and Axton looked ashamed and was avoiding meeting his sons eyes.
" .. What's going on?"
" Nothing. Let's just go." Jax grabbed my hand and went to leave with me. He seemed really upset so I followed after him.

Once we were outside I tried to talk about what happened back there, but he kept shutting me down about it. He dropped me off at my house with a simple 'bye' before leaving.

That guy is definitely complicated.