Chapter 8

To @liefshannah for being so fully supporting and awesome!

It's been two hours into their date; it was slowly coming to an end. Alexis surprisingly wasn't as bored as she thought she'd be. Dieter cleaned up well, and he'd been a gentleman and his looks were definitely better than it had seemed.

"No way! She did not really say that, did she?" Alexis laughed.

"I swear, the look on her face...hilarious," Dieter chuckled, taking a sip into his drink.

If there was one thing Alexis loved from faking her identity was the amusement she got from it. It was an escape from her life. She escaped the pain, darkness, and seriousness of her reality. Each identity had it's own fantasy; it gave Alexis a chance to experience normality, to feel what it'd be like to laugh like a normal girl, to act all innocent and helpless, to talk like a worriless girl.

"You know, this was fun," Dieter said, a huge smile plastered on his face.

"Well, all good things have to come to an end," Alexis replied. And indeed all things will come to an end.

"We should do this another time," Dieter gleamed.

"We should," Alexis smiled. But she knew the truth, though Dieter liked her now, he'd be wishing he had never laid eyes on her.

Dieter walked Alexis out the restaurant. If this wasn't all a plot to kill Dieter, Alexis could find a decent guy to maybe even like. She knew though that nothing good ever lasts because in the end the world takes away that little joy you have left in you.

"C'mon, my car's just a little down the road," Alexis took Dieter's hand.

Dieter walked with Alexis; hand in hand, their fingers intertwined. They walked through an alley.

"It's been a great night, Anne," Dieter said. Anne: Alexis's current running alias.

"I guess it was," Alexis got behind Dieter. "And it's Red Death," Alexis put a cloth drenched in chloroform over Dieter's mouth. He struggled against Alexis's strength.

In an amount of time, Dieter lost consciousness. Alexis got her phone out; she dialed in Kaden's number.

"Kaden, I've got him," Alexis simply said and hanged up.

As soon as Kaden arrived, the two moved Dieter to a more secure location. They had planned everything step by step. Where to get him, when to get him, where to move him, how to move him-it was all laid out.

Dieter felt nauseous; he didn't seem to know where he was. He slowly peered his eyes open, adjusting himself to the lighting. It felt as if his entire world was spinning around. Most of what he saw seemed to be emptiness and darkness. He heard soft voices.

"He's awake," it was Kaden.

"Let's get to work," Alexis said.

"Wait, Alexis... take it easy," Kaden said.

Alexis didn't reply, she knew that Kaden knew that she didn't really speak unless needed too. Besides, no one really understood the complexity of her mind so why bother dulling it down to entertain the simple world around her.

"So you're finally awake," Alexis spoke, emerging from the darkness.

"What do you want?" Dieter spat. He tried standing but his hands and legs were bind to a steel chair bolted on the floor.

"Information," Alexis replied.

"On what?" Dieter chortled.

"Don't play dumb, the more time you waste, the more it'll hurt," Alexis said.