Chapter 28

"Who was that guy?" Jacks asked Alexis as soon as they left the diner.

"Just a guy from school," Alexis said. The two left the diner a little after bumping into Beckett. Not giving him enough time to ask questions, Alexis hastily told Beckett they had somewhere to be. She didn't miss how Beckett sized up Jacks on their way out.

"He looked pretty hurt with the way you rushed out in an attempt to avoid him," he raised a brow, a small smirk playing its way onto his lips.

"I was not avoiding him," she remarked.

"If you say so," Jacks chimed. "We're here," he lead Alexis towards the fighting bar's entrance.

As soon as they entered, she spotted the guys over at the bar. Observing her surroundings, she noticed how the bar was only about half full. Since it still pretty early for the fights to start, there wasn't enough people to fill the room. Give it about an hour or

"Aren't those your friends from last time?" Jacks noticed the guys too.

"Yeah, long story short I told them I'd be coming here and invited them to join in," she said before starting to walk over to the guys. Almost immediately, the guys spotted her, along with Jacks, nearing them.

"Hey, Alexis! What took you so long?" Declan said half-tipsy.

"How much did you let him drink?" She looked at the guys in disbelief. They shrugged in response. She rolled her eyes before introducing them to Jacks. The guys casually nodded in acknowledgement of each other.

"You fought last time, right?" Steele asked.

"Yeah, been fighting for about 3 years now."

"Nice. You have really good technique," Steele complimented.

"So, did you guys sign up for the fight?" Alexis asked.

"Yeah, we got here about half an hour ago," Axel said slightly annoyed at the presence of Jacks.

"I'll go ahead and sign us up," Jacks smiled at Alexis before leaving her with the guys.

"Why'd you have to bring that guy?" Axel said getting off his chair to stand by Alexis's side.

"Because he's my friend," Alexis chuckled not surprised at how Axel was acting.

"So, are you ready?" Aaron interrupted, asking Alexis. The guys still didn't know to what extent Alexis's fighting abilities reached; apart from the time Brittany and some jocks egged her motorbike and Beckett's party, they had never really seen her fight yet.

"Yeah, I got this," she flashed him a reassuring smile.

The last time Alexis was at the fight bar, she had only seen Declan and Aaron fight. They were good and she commended their skill. Still, with the way Declan and Axel talked about Steele's past with fights, she was curious to see him in the ring, and if Declan and Aaron were already such skilled fighters, how much greater could Steele be.

Behind Aaron, Alexis spotted Jacks make his way back to them. "So, the actual fights don't start for another hour but they are willing to let anyone give it a go in the ring for warm up fight," he told her grinning, suggesting they should fight.

"I don't know, don't you want to save your energy for the real fight?" She asked smiling at how pumped he was.

"Aw, come on, Alexis. You know you can handle it."

"I mean yeah but really, a warm up fight?" It was clear Alexis was not up for the fight.

"I'll fight you," Steele offered, stepping up.