Chapter 3

She checked the caller ID to see it was Alexander. She looked around, there were only a small amount of students and they were doing their own thing. She allowed the phone to continue to buzz before answering.

"Hello?" she said sweetly.

"Hi, it's Alexander," he said in a calm voice.

"Oh, hi," she said sounding surprised while adding a little giggle.

"Yeah, so remember I told you I'd show you around sometime?" He asked.

"Yup," she replied popping the 'p'.

"You doing anything tonight?" He asked.

"Hmm," she paused for a while, just for a little fun, "nope, I'm free tonight, what do you have in mind?"

She heard him sigh in relief; "I was hoping that you'd let me take you out for dinner."

"Aw that'd be lovely," she said trying her best impression of a love-struck girl.

"Perfect, so I'll pick you up?"

"No, it's fine, I can find my way."

"Well, you know Antonio's?"

"Oh yeah, I do! I heard that place was amazing," Alexis put hope in her voice.

"I know some people and I got us a reservation."

"That's amazing, so what time should I be there?"

"Lets say about seven?"

"Oh perfect!"

"Great, I can't wait to see you," Alexander said and she laughed.

"You too," she hanged up.

Alexis sighed and rolled her eyes as she put two of her cellphones-except the one she used for all her employers-back in her locker. She had homeroom then Algebra. Checking the time, it wouldn't take too long until the bell rang.

The hallways were beginning to fill up and Alexis didn't want to get stuck in the flow of students as they pushed each other into the classrooms when the bell rang. She walked to her homeroom at sat on her regular seat. She sat beside the window; she liked looking outside, as she got bored with whatever the teacher talked about.

Thanks to all the most humble benefactors of the school, the classrooms were beautiful. It was clean, nice and modern. Some classrooms went as far as not even looking like one but more like a lounge. Excelling in academics, character and appearance. Homeroom was a pretty chill classroom; it was the basic chairs with desks and a teacher's board.

The bell rang and students poured into the room, a girl took a seat beside her.

"Good morning class, I hope you guys had a great weekend...lets start the week with a few riddles, now..." the teacher said walking in.

Alexis diverted her attention outside, drowning the voices of everyone around her. She gazed at the bluish dull colors of the sky to the faint sounds of honks of cars.

Twelve years old when she first killed someone. The blood may have been washed away but the memory-it would forever leave a stain. It was horrible, it marked her, scarred her...turned her into who she is.

...

"You're in some deep deep trouble, " a buff man said as he circled around a man tied to a chair.

"You take something from us...we take something from you," the other man said smirking.

The two big men held knives in their hands. They only smirked to the man in the chair-it was him, Alexis' s dad. They beat him up and tied him; they did the same to her mother and her. The bigger guy pulled Alexis by her hair and dragged her in front of her dad.