Chapter 17

Recap: Aaron meets Alexis and Jacks in a fighting bar. Alexis gets home, remembers her mother. Kaden talks to her. They find out that Jackson (guy part of the gang looking for info on Red Death) had an outside source, Vincent, and they realize that they were getting close. Kaden and Violet meet up, Violet warns Kaden about people looking for him.

"So why were you there?" Axel asked again.

"I told you, my friend fought," Alexis replied monotonously.

"Is he your boyfriend?" Steele pried.

"No," Alexis fixed the things in her locker.

"Do you have a boyfriend?" Axel asked, eyebrows raised.

"No," she replied blankly.

"Do you fight, then?" Declan pressed.

"No," she replied.

"So will you go out with me?" Axel smirked.

"No," Alexis slammed her locker close.

"But-"

"Dude, stop bugging her," Aaron stopped Axel from pressing the matter. "Anyways, what do you have planned next Saturday?" Aaron half-smiled, resulting in Axel mumbling a bunch of things to himself.

"Nothing," Alexis began walking to her next class.

"We're going somewhere this Saturday, maybe you'd like to join us?" he offered.

"What do you have in mind?" she grinned.

"That's a surprise," he returned her grin.

"Sure, count me in," she said the exact time the bell rang but she was already on the entrance of her next class. Before any of them could say anything more, Alexis closed the door on them.

"Dude, why'd you invite her?" Axel mumbled.

"You guys did say you wanted to know what the deal was with her, besides, I think she'll be fine," Aaron replied.

"But if she gets hurt, it's on you," Axel opened the same door Alexis closed on them seeing as they had the same class next.

"Whatever," Aaron trailed behind. Steele and Declan had already left for their next class, not that they cared whether they'd be late.

Their teacher made a quick announcement before having them sit with their assigned partners. Seeing as he gave them the entire class to discuss their projects, Alexis was stuck with Aaron.

"Tell me about yourself, Mr. Carlyle," Alexis exaggerated.

"Not much to tell," Aaron shrugged.

"Well then, I guess we're failing this project," Alexis rested her head on her desk.

After a minute or so, Aaron spoke.

"My name's Aaron Carlyle, seventeen turning eighteen, I ride a dirt bike, my biological mother is dead, my dad's had two wives since then. I used to have a sister, she's dead too...like I said, not much to tell," Aaron said making straight eye contact.

For a moment, Alexis just stared at him. If she said she was sorry, it wouldn't mean anything to him, who was she to be sorry for him? As far as this, they were strangers. So, she spoke.

"My name's Alexis Grey, I'm sixteen, I ride a Harley. Both my parents are dead, murdered when I was twelve; killers are still out there. I've been mostly alone ever since then... yeah," Alexis maintained eye contact with him; she was not to show weakness.

The two just sat there until Steele dragged a chair beside them.

"You guys are way too serious," Steele said.