Now, he loses one of the people he can rely on.

-----

It was already 8 pm, and Taehyung was still waiting for Jungkook even though their meet-up should be at 7 pm. He was in Jungkook's room, he got inside with help of the maid who knew him very well.

He was sitting on the chair in front of the study table and reading some lessons. He flinched a bit when the door was opened and Jungkook came.

"Hyung, I'm sorry, did I make you wait?" Jungkook remove his bag and sat down beside Taehyung.

"No, it's okay, I just came." Lies. Taehyung lied, he waited for one hour.

"Let's start now." Jungkook uttered.

Taehyung looked at him but just from his side view. He noticed a hickey on his neck. And he felt his heart sting. What does he expect tho?

"Hyung, are you okay?"

He came back to his own senses when Jungkook tapped his shoulder.

"Y-yes, let's start." He responded and looked back on his lesson.

-----

Today is Taehyung's birthday and he got a little party at his house to at least celebrate his day. He was glad to see Jungkook come but with his girlfriend. He keeps an eye on him, waiting for him to be alone.

"Hyung, happy birthday."

He didn't expect Jungkook to come in front of him and give him a present.

"Thank you" He smiled accepting the gift.

"It seems you're alone, hyung, aren't you happy? Today is your special day." Jungkook uttered, noticing that he was alone on his own.

"I'm fine, just not in the mood to talk right now." Taehyung responded.

"Jungkook, babe, come on let's dance." His girlfriend, Trisha came to them and held Jungkook's arm.

"Yeah, sure, babe." Jungkook smiled softly at her.

"Wait, Jungkook, can we talk?" Taehyung stopped him from leaving.

"I'll go after you, I'll just talk to him." Jungkook told to his girlfriend.

"Okay, I will wait there." Trisha smiled and pecked Jungkook's lips before she leave.

"What is it, hyung?" Jungkook inquired looking at him.

Taehyung swallowed hard before he spoke.

"I... I have been hiding this in me for so long. It's my birthday so I hope you will listen." Taehyung muttered.

"Of course, I will listen hyung. You're such a good friend of mine after all." Jungkook told him with a smile.

"I— I like you" Taehyung confessed his feelings.

"What?"

He was nervous, he saw how stiff Jungkook was.

"I like you more than a friend. I know, I know it's wrong Jungkook. But trust me, I tried to control my feelings for you and I failed. I kept it to myself because I don't want to ruin our friendship but I don't want just to be your friend." Taehyung admitted staring at him.

"I have a girlfriend hyung, how can you say something like that? Please, tell me, was this a joke? I'll forgive you." Jungkook retorted.

"It's not a joke, okay? It's true, it came from my heart. I really really like you, Jungkook." Taehyung said with tears forming in his eyes.

"I'm so sorry, hyung. I don't think I can like you back. I love her so much. She's the one for me, hyung." Jungkook rejected his confession.

"Then why are you treating me as if I'm different from others? Why make me feel something I never felt before?" Taehyung sobbed.

"If you are talking about driving you home, it's because I'm worried something might happen to you, that's it. You are my friend and it's normal to be worried, hyung. I don't know that you will think like that, I should have stopped doing that." Jungkook explained.

"I'm sorry, please act as if you didn't hear anything and didn't meet. Let's act as if we're strangers from now on, Jungkook. I'm really sorry." Taehyung apologized and walked passed by him.

But he was stopped when Jungkook held his arms.

"We still can be friends, hyung. I'm sorry if I can't look at you more than just a friend. I really love her and I want to be with her till the end. She's the only person I will love hyung. I hope you understand, you are someone close to me but I can act as if I didn't hear it came from you." Jungkook told him, Taehyung was still his childhood friend.

"I understand. Please be happy with her, you two are good for each other. Thank you for everything, Jungkook." Taehyung gently remove Jungkook's hand from his arms and run away.

So stupid, so foolish. He knew it will happen but why he still confessed his feelings. In the end, he's the one who got hurt.