09[M]

Lisa hadn't touched a woman's body in fifteen years, so when she pushed her hands under jennie's shirt and cupped the heavy weight of Jennie 's breasts in her palms, it took everything she had not to come. Being with Jennie made her feel like a clumsy sixteen-year-old, and it was no wonder. Lisa had been a teenager the last time she'd made love to someone, in what felt like another lifetime. She had only vague memories of being with Somi, mostly that the other girl had been just as young and innocent as she was, with a slim body that only hinted at the womanly fullness of Jennie's curves. Everything about being with Jennie was different.

Particularly because Lisa knew the stakes this time around. By opening her heart to Jennie, she risked the possibility of a loss so acute she didn't know how she would survive it. But Lisa hardly had a choice. No matter how she tried to resist Jennie, she couldn't. Their bond was too strong. Lisa had moved past want to need, and not even the possibility of heartbreak would stop her from claiming what was hers.

Lisa broke their kiss and gulped in much-needed air. Jennie stared up at her from under heavy lids, running her hands over Lisa's sides.

"You feel so good." Jennie placed her hands on top of Lisa's, encouraging her to gently squeeze her breasts. "I've never been so turned on."

Face heating, Lisa pushed her thumbs under the edge of Jennie's bra and stroked her erect nipples. "Me, too."

"We're not moving too fast, are we?" Jennie frowned as though something unpleasant had just occurred to her. "I don't mean to push you."

Lisa shook her head and moved her hands from beneath Jennie's shirt, backing off so that Jennie could prop herself up on her elbows. "I want this," Lisa murmured. "Want you. Desperately. I just... I meant it when I said I don't usually do this."

Understanding softened Jennie's gaze. "It's been a while."

"That's an understatement." Unable to stay away, Lisw caressed the soft skin of Jennie's belly. "You're only my second lover. And the first one... she was a long time ago."

Jennie radiated a strange mixture of sympathy, concern, and impossibly ardent arousal. "We can take this at whatever pace you need."

Lisa ducked her head and closed her eyes, wishing she could explain to Jennie that her fear went so much deeper than being uncertain about her sexual prowess. Making herself vulnerable with a human being went against every rule Lisa had adopted for survival. She had arrived at a crossroads between a lonely life of safety and the chance for something more, and though she honestly felt no choice in the matter, she wasn't sure how to proceed.

Warm hands covered her own, prompting Lisa to open her eyes and meet Jennie's kind smile. "Why don't you let me lead?"

Lisa nodded silently.

Biting her lip, Jennie pulled her shirt over her head, allowing Lisa to see the white cotton bra she had felt under her hands only moments ago. Jennie reached behind her back and unhooked her bra, watching Lisa's eyes with a slow-spreading smirk.

"I'm used to being the shy one," Jennie said. She slipped her bra off her shoulders, revealing milky white breasts topped with pebbled pink nipples. Lisa couldn't stop staring, even though she sensed she was making Jennie a little nervous.

"I'm sorry." Lisa dragged her gaze to Jennie's face.

"Don't be." Jennie straightened, projecting a wave of confidence that splashed over Lisa and emboldened her as well. "I kind of like not being shy."

Drawing strength from Jennie, Lisa danced her fingertips over the slope of one breast, then used her other hand to cup its twin. "You're the most gorgeous thing I've ever seen." Disbelief radiated from Jennie, and Lisa shook her head to put a stop to the doubt. "I mean it, Jennie. You're stunning. Incredible."