➪ 𝟏𝟎𝐊 𝐒𝐏𝐄𝐂𝐈𝐀𝐋

1 year later

the derry high winter dance was coming up and y/n was getting frustrated because richie only had 3 days to ask her and he hadn't yet.

"so, richie ask you to the dance?" her friend,
f/n pops up.

"no," y/n sighs dramatically.

"what? he only has 3 days-"

"i know!" y/n shouts, causing everyone in the halls to go silent and look over.

"okay, calm down," f/n awkwardly pats her back.

"sorry, i'm just stressed out,"

"don't be, he'll ask you! maybe he's just getting advice from the other boys because he's chicken," f/n reassures.

"what would the other boys know? they've never been in a relationship," y/n says.

"right.." f/n looks down.

"what's wrong?" y/n furrows her brows.

"nothing!" f/n exclaims a bit too quickly.

"hey, baby," richie wraps an arm around her shoulder from behind.

"hey, rich," y/n gives him a half smile and his face drops.

"what's wrong?" he asks.

"what do you mean? i'm fine," y/n replies.

"no you're not, every time you give me a half smile something's wrong. so what happened?" she gets angry.

"i told you, i'm fine! leave me alone!" y/n storms off.

"wha- y/n!" richie shouts but she ignores him.

"what's wrong with her?" he turns to f/n.

"she's upset you haven't asked her to the dance yet. you need to hurry up and finish your little plan before she starts really getting mad," richie shivers at the thought. when y/n got angry, she got angry.

"well, luckily i plan on doing it during lunch," f/n nods.

"good luck," she pats his shoulder before heading to her class.

~

eventually lunch came and richie was trying to get y/n to tell him that she wanted him to ask her to the dance so it could be more of a perfect timing.

"baby, i don't mean to be controlling but i really don't like it when you're upset," y/n sighed.

"i'm fine, i just miss bev," she lied. richie sighed as he knew she was lying to him.

"okay," he stood up and headed over to the boys.

"so? did she admit it?" eddie asked.

"no," richie sunk in his seat.

"well, now is your chance to go ask her," stanley points up to the stage.