➪ 𝐓𝐇𝐄 𝐐𝐔𝐀𝐑𝐑𝐘

y/n's POV

i woke up to the house phone ringing downstairs. i got up and walked downstairs to answer the phone. as soon as i picked up i heard bev yelling at me.

"HEY, Y/N!" she yells as i cover my ear.

"OW!"

"oh, don't be so dramatic,"

"yup i'm so dramatic for feeling pain after my best friend screamed in my ear," i sarcastically said.

"oh, shut up,"

"whatever,"

"ANYWAY!"

"GOD, BEVERLY!" i hear her laugh loudly through the phone.

"do you want to come with me to the quarry?"

"to see the boys?"

"duh!"

"okay, fine,"

"okay, be ready in 10 i'm on my way!"

"wait 10 minutes how am i supposed to get ready in 10 min-" she hung up. i love that girl but sometimes she gets on my nerves. i hurry to my room and dig through my closet to find a swim suit, and an outfit to put over it. i eventually found these:

 i eventually found these:

(act like the shirt isn't cropped)

before i know it my door bell is ringing repeatedly.

"okay, okay, i'm coming!" i say running down the steps.

"mom, i'm going to the quarry i'll be back later!"

"okay, hun!" i open the door to see an excited beverly.

"jeez, you that excited to see bill?" i ask walking past her and putting down my board.

"n-no it has nothing to do with him! i'm just excited to swim!"

"right, okay," i say. we ride over to the quarry and see richie and eddie arguing about distance and mass. i look over at beverly and raise a brow. she laughs.

"alright, who's first?" bill ask.

"i'll go!" i shout from behind.

"y/n, are you crazy?!" bev whispers to me.

"maybe," i smirked. i undress into my swim suit and ran towards the boys, pushing them out of the way.

"move!" i jump off.

"WHAT THE FUCK!" i hear richie yell right before i hit the cold water.

"ah, holy shit, we just got shown up by a girl!"

"do we have to do that now?" stanley asks

"yes," eddie replies. they all jump down one by one. we were all splashing around, just having fun when something lifted me up from the water. i looked down to see none other than the richard tozier.

"smooth, richie," i chuckle.

"yup,"

"CHICKEN FIGHTTTTT!!" richie yells. bev gets on bill's shoulders and we start to push each other. i obviously won. duh.

"VICTORY!!" me and richie yell at the same time.

"don't breath through ur nose and close ur mouth," richie tells me.

"what? wh-"

"BECAUSE!" was his last words before he threw me in the water. i quickly come back up and lightly smack him across the face.

"ow, hot stuff!"

"oh shut up i practically didn't even hit you!" he just smiles at me. i smile back. i began to swim over to the others who were all sitting on a rock besides beverly who was sun bathing. i laid down beside beverly and sat there for a few minutes. i looked in the corner of my eye and saw all of the boys staring at us.

"the boys are staring," i whisper to bev.

"on the count of 3, we look over," she whispers back.

"one,"

"two"

"three," we both look over at the boys to see them all staring at bev accept for one, richie. all the boys turn away quickly as if they weren't just staring at us. richie starts going through ben's bag. he holds up a fake microphone.

"news flash, ben, schools out for summa!" he exclaims in a horrible accent. he pulls out a little postcard.

"who sent you this?" richie asks, laughing but before he could read it ben snatched it back.

"no one!" but i saw a little bit of the card when he pulled it away. it was for beverly. it makes me feel bad because i know ben likes bev, but bev and bill like each other. i sighed but i was trained out of my thoughts when i heard-

"what's with the history project?"

"oo, i wanna see!" i exclaim, getting up and sitting beside bill.

"me too!" beverly says sitting next to me. i look over at richie and see him frowning. i roll my eyes, get up and sit beside him. it's fine because bev can sit next to bill anyway. richie's frown immediately turns upside down.

i smile knowing i cheered him up. he wraps his arms around my shoulders and i lay my head on his shoulder. i can already tell he is smiling. everyone started talking about ben's research and the missing kids for a little.

"i've got more stuff at my house, if you wanna see?" ben asks us. i immediately agree. i've always been into this kind of stuff but no one really knew. we all put our clothes on and made our way to ben's house.

i'm honestly only writing this because i have nothing to do this summer and i'm obsessed with IT and stranger things so i thought maybe this will help my boredom. it's not doing much :/ next part on the way trashmouths :PPP

yours truly, temperance. <3