Chapter 5 - Breakfast Breaking

Start from the beginning

Although the grass was nice and soft nothing beats the feeling of a bed. I sighed as I merged with the sheets.

Keegan's POV

For some reason I was comfortable throughout the whole night. I didn't wake up in cold sweat like I often do.

I glanced around a bit, before noticing where I was. "Oh crap. D-did I sleep out here all night?" I rubbed my tired eyes and continued looking around, scanning the area. I guess Theo went in alr- I was suddenly startled by the sight of Theo still present at my side.

"I'm sorry! I-I didn't notice you. I thought that maybe you had went inside already." I apologized, still in shock.

"I wouldn't leave you out here alone." He spoke in a husky voice. "We should be heading in though. One of the instructors or whatever came by and said the town tour starts at twelve."

"Are you going?" I curiously ask.

"No, I'm not here for extra credit. I came here for peace, and I know I obviously wouldn't get that if I were surrounded by a bunch of blabbering students." He explained. "How about you, are you going?" I simply shook my head.

"I'm here for the escape as well." I reply. He nodded a couple times.

"Alright, I'm heading in." He announced, pointing to the cabin before gathering his phone and earbuds. I followed close behind as he headed for the door.

When we got in the bedroom I sat on my bed and pulled out a book from my bag. Theo just relaxed in his bed. It was like that until both our stomachs growled, almost simultaneously. I peeked up from my book, feeling a little embarrassed. I forgot I was even hungry. We both missed dinner last night as well. Theo looked back at me with a smile on his face.

Before I could reach for my bag for a snack he spoke. "I'll go make us something." He peeled himself from the sheets and trudged off to to kitchen. I felt a little guilty for making him cook me something, but since he was hungry too it didn't matter as much.

I went back to my book and read a few more pages before deciding to check on Theo. I heard a lot of clicking and clanking coming from the kitchen, so it got me curious. I put my shoes on and held the book at my waist as I headed into the kitchen. Theo had scrambled eggs on the fire and a few slices of toast on a plate. He gave me a half smile noticing me as I entered the kitchen. I sat down at the table in the corner of the room and watched as he cooked. He seemed to know his way around the kitchen. Color me impressed. I never though a jock like him would know how to cook. Though I have no right to judge, seeing as how I can't even make eggs. I rely on store cooked meals. I'm afraid if my father ever caught me cooking he'd replace the pan on the burner with my head.

Awhile later I pulled out my book and continued where I left off, making me lose sight of Theo. I heard a plate being placed in front of me, and lowered my book.

"Breakfast is ready, bookworm." He teased, while walking over to the fridge. He pulled out a carton of orange juice and poured it into two glass containers. He took a seat and started eating his eggs and toast.

"Thanks, Theo." I mutter, looking between him and my glass of orange juice.

"Don't worry about it." He said, digging back into his food. I took a few bites of the delicious meal and was shocked by the taste. He really does know how to cook. I made a hesitant approach to my glass of orange juice. I lifted it, and slowly brought it up to my lips. The whole time Theo was watching me curiously as he cleaned his teeth with his tongue. After a lot of hesitation I finally poured the juice into my mouth.

"...That's good." I exclaim, surprised.

"What, you've never had orange juice before?" Theo asked in a mocking tone.

"I have... I just haven't had the luxury of tasting it anytime recent." I explain, looking at my glass.

"Are you poor or something?" He throws another question.

"Its not that..." I reply, feeling sad and uncomfortable thinking about the reason. My family obviously. I mean I could buy it on my own, but It doesn't seem like a necessity to me. And I'm trying to be cautious with my spending.

"What is it then?" He pesters. I really didn't feel like bringing it up. I'd rather spend my morning enjoying breakfast with a handsome guy without thoughts of my parents running through my head. I decided not to respond and went back to eating my food.

After a moment of silence swept the room it was broken by Theo. "Sorry, I didn't mean to pry." He spoke, with his apology clearly written on his face. I gave him a quick half smile before finishing the last bites of breakfast.

"Thanks again for breakfast." I say, heading back to the bedroom moments later. He stayed in there awhile. Probably cleaning up the dishes. I couldn't help but feel bad that I didn't clean up behind myself. It never crossed my mind since I don't usually eat proper breakfasts.