[Final] Diary 7 - I'm Right Here

Start from the beginning

Kuroko blinked, her turn to be surprised. "A firefighter?"

"Yeah," Kagami had a fond look in his eyes. "My old man was one when I was a kid before he was given granddad's company to run. I always thought he was happier living his dream... He inspired me from back then to be one."

Kuroko could feel her heart beat in her chest. "Kagami-kun." When she spoke his name, he looked back at her with a gentle expression - which only made her heart rate worse. "I wonder... Do you think I became the kind of person who can be close to you?"

A sudden gust of wind billowed against Kuroko slightly and she shut her eyes as she leaned with it until she felt warm hands grab her softly by the shoulders.

"Yeah, look how close..." And Kuroko opened her eyes to see their faces were very, very close. "...we are right now." He finished with a soft look and Kuroko immediately blushed and pulled back, causing Kagami to chuckle.

All... All of a sudden I feel so hot... Kuroko put a hand to her chest in an effort to calm her racing heart. "Yes, but... I-I had some extra help."

"Huh?" Kagami looked confused and Kuroko smiled as she confessed something she's never told anyone.

"I... I've never told anyone about this, but... I have a blog, and though there's quite a few members, there's three regular ones that comment on it." She smiled to herself. "Their names are Lucky Rabbit, Cute Copycat, and Tiger Light... I was able to be strong because they supported me."

When Kagami didn't say anything, she looked over at him to see he was in deep thought.

"Kagami-kun?"

Her voice seemed to make him come back to reality and he looked back at her. "O-Oh yeah... Say, do you want to go somewhere after exams?"

Kuroko was confused, but went along with it. "Like-Like a... date?"

Kagami smiled at this, it reaching his eyes. "Yeah, I would really like that."

Kuroko flushed slightly, but smiled. Anywhere with Kagami would be good to her.

. * . * . * . * . * . * . * .

Kuroko was in her room reading when she heard a loud noise downstairs and she jumped where she sat.

"What do you mean it's my fault the bill didn't get paid?!" That was her mother, sounding so angry that Kuroko froze, unwilling to move, only listen.

"It's exactly as I said Terumi, you were busy with those assignments and forgot to go by and pay the bill. Now they're charging us extra for a late fee!"

Even her normally reserved father sounded scary and she curled up. She couldn't stop listening even though she wanted it to stop.

"Well you should have taken care of it!" Her mother said right back.

"It's your responsibility too!"

She heard another loud noise and felt her heart hammer in her chest. It sounded so violent, why was this happening?

This was the first time they fought so much and she clutched her hands over her ears, trying to block out the sound but couldn't.

They kept arguing and yelling, and Kuroko could feel her heart hurt. Why couldn't they get along? Why couldn't they be happy?

There was a sudden buzzing and she opened her eyes to see her phone. Her breathing hitched as she reached for it, wanting comfort.

She ended up dialing Kagami's number, just needing to hear his voice...