[Final] Diary 7 - I'm Right Here

"Kagami-kun!" Kuroko shouted to the dark redhead she saw in the distance.

Kagami turned around from where he stood at the old storage building. The light bluenette stopped to catch her breath, she was surprised to see Kagami here without her, and even more surprised to see he had laid out food and water for Nigou.

"I'm surprised, Kagami-kun is making so much progress with Nigou lately."

"Ah, yeah well..." Kagami muttered as he scratched the back of his head while looking at the pup that was eating.

Kuroko decided to sit next to him and she wanted to ask the burning question. "Kagami-kun, I notice you tend to scratch the back of your head when nervous, so why do you do that around me a lot of the time?"

Kagami smiled at her, "You make me nervous sometimes. A good nervous though; like I don't want to mess up in front of you. I want to impress you."

Kuroko blinked owlishly, "Impress me? But why though? I think Kagami-kun is already amazing."

"Because I care too much. I... care a lot about you, more than you know." His eyes seemed to burn into hers they were so intense. It made her blush.

"But why though?" Kuroko asked softly.

Kagami continued to gaze at her, as if he were trying to communicate with his eyes alone (and he was doing a good job of it). He finally opened his mouth to confess when they both head Kise yelling in the distance.

"Kagamicchi! Kurokocchi! C'mon you two lovebirds, have lunch with me~!" He seemed to whine the last part.

Kuroko and Kagami looked back at each other with a slight blush before getting up. Later, wasn't mentioned between them, but they knew it would happen.

.

.

.

Diary 7 [FINAL] - I'm Right Here

Kuroko and Kagami spent after school studying since exams would be coming up the following week.

"Oh man, I know I got this!" Kagami shouted determinedly to himself and Kuroko nodded with a small smile.

"I agree, you've come a long way Kagami-kun."

They were spending their studying outside, so they could be with Nigou and the pup slept peacefully pressed against Kuroko's side. The light bluenette was still feeling jovial after today's events.

"It's been a long day." Kagami stretched his arms above his head.

"It has, but it's a day I wish could go on and on forever." She looked up at the blue sky.

Kagami smiled at her and they studied over the subjects they both had the most difficulty with.

"You know, you're a great teacher." Kagami mentioned after some time, making Kuroko stop.

"Really? You know, when I was younger and the teacher asked us to pick a career dream I always chose teacher."

Kagami looked surprised but then grinned. "Hey, it fits. If you really want to be a teacher, then I think you would be really great at it."

Kuroko smiled at him, "Thank you. And what about you, Kagami-kun? What do you wish to do in life?"

Kagami looked up at the sky. "I want to play basketball for as long as I can, but then... I'd really like to be a firefighter."