The past, present and future

Jeong stopped at the outer gate of the palace and gave a curt bow before turning.

'Kim daejang,' called out Wang Geo, making the captain stop in his tracks, 'what exactly is your relationship with Yun Ahnjong?'

Jeong turned slightly, the faint light of the moon illuminating his fierce eyes, as she replied, 'Wangja-nim, I don't think my personal life is of any concern to you.'

He turned, ready to leave; but was once more stopped by the prince asking, 'You...like her? Don't you?'

Tong Jeong shut his eyes and exhaled sharply. Turning to face the prince he replied, 'Why don't you stay away from her instead. The fact that you are trying to befriend her, will drage the entire Yun household into a political struggle.'

'Even if they do, I'm sure I can protect them.' Insisted Wang Geo, a deep sense of rage emerged in his voice, but Jeong simply scoffed and walked closer to the prince asking, 'What power do you have? Can you throw away Kim Jun? Can you throw away Choi Ha Jun? What can you do with your title?'

The prince was silent, as he clenched down on his jaws as his fingers curled into a fist of rage.

'Amugeosdo eobs-seubnida (Absolutely nothing).' Whispered Jeong with a menacing gaze. 'So, just live quietly without causing trouble for others.'

Jeong turned around and took a step to leave...

'Why are you so bothered? Why do you care?' Snapped Wang Geo. 'And who are you to decide for her?'

'Because of a promise.' He replied, without turning to face the prince and walked away disappearing in the darkness.

July 1242, Yomju

'Manim... you're doing great!' Encouraged the midwife who kept dabbing the perspiration from the woman's forehead.

Outside, Yun Chin Hae kept pacing the courtyard in his hanok to and fro wondering why the physician had not come yet.

'NARI! NARI!' Shouted one of the male servants who ran into the mansion. 'The Mongols have attacked.'

'Had'nt they ceased fire in 1239!' Exclaimed a rather flabbergasted Kim Chwi Ryeo.

'Well...the Mongols realized that the king sent a distant relative princess and her children as hostage.' Muttered the servant.

'Nangunnim, what do we do?' Shivered Yun Ah Soon, looking anxiously at Yun Chin Hae.

'Chin Hae, take Ah Soon, Yoojung, Myeongjeong and Si Ah and go to Ganghwado. The royal family also is in Ganghwa.' Ordered Chwi Ryeo, his voice laced with urgency.

'I can't leave Mi Yong here.' Replied Chin Hae.

'Chin Hae, there's no time, I'll get Mi Yong and the infant. PALLI GA! (HURRY GO!)'

Having no choice Chin Hae grabbed Si Ah's hand and began dragging the boy.

'Animida abeonim.' Cried Si Ah, 'I'm staying with omma.' Saying that, he dashed into the Angban- the female quarters of the house.

He sat beside his mother who was still in pain as she tried to push the child.

'Omma....' Wept the five year old child, unable to see his mother in pain.