The Crown Prince's Grave

Just before the arrow could hit her, he turned her around. The arrow found its mark on Jeong's right shoulder. They fell to the ground with a thud.

She opened her eyes and found him holding the back of her head, gazing at her with concern in his eyes.

Her gaze left his eyes and turned to his injured shoulder, 'Pi (blood).'

'Forget that,' he snapped, 'did you risk your life for this?'

Bae Jungson scratched his head a little wondering aloud, 'Why are they still rolling on the ground?'

'There was no choice.' She whispered. Their proximity was intimidating her quite a bit, but he didn't seem to move.

'You are seriously insane. What if something happened to you?' He asked in a rather tender voice. His brow creased with anxiousness.

'Umm...ah...p...'

'I'll deal with Kim Jun, so please stay out of this.'

'Ne...' She nodded. 'C...can you...move please...?'

'Right.' He muttered and got up.

'I thought you collapsed and she wasn't able to push you away.' Said Jungson, pulling the arrow from Jeong's shoulder.

Jeong cleared his throat in embarrassment while Ahnjong walked away saying, 'I'll get some herbs.'

'I'm coming with you!' Exclaimed Jeong.

'You don't have to,' said Jungson, 'I caught the assassin.'

'Where is he?' Asked Jeong.

'Come.'

The two men went to the holding where the man was thrown in.

'I know...Kim Jun sent you and why, but what evades me is...why were you aiming for her heart?' Asked Jeong.

'It was my job to kill her.'

'Janggun, shall we send our message to Kim Jun?: Smirked Jeong.

'With pleasure.' Replied Jungson and within a flash the man's head thudded to the hay filled floor. 'I'll have this sent to Kim Jun as a token of our appreciation.'

Ahnjong bought the herbs and walked back to a small hut where Jeong was resting

She saw him lying on his torso on a thin cotton mattress. He was sleeping despite the ache of his wound.

Crushing the herbs, she cautiously applied it on his wound. For a moment she stopped and stared at the various battle scars he had on his arms and back.

'Hmm...I know....I'm extremely good looking.' He mumbled.

She gave him a bored look and rolled her eyes taunting, 'Whatever.'