Our Bundle of Joy

I and Subhi were sleeping during the night. It was almost post midnight when Subhi started groaning. I guess it was her labour time. But, wasn't it too early? I mean full one month was there...

"Aaaaaah.. aaaahhhhhh Parth..help me..call someone It's paining  .. aaaaaaaaaaaah" Subhi winced.

I held her hand and called Panchali for help.

"Relax Subhi.. Vaidya is coming..Calm down Subhi" I carecassed her hair softly.

She scratched my palm with her nails as she withered in pain.

Few hours later, I was nervous as it was taking more time than usual.

"Rajkumar Arjun your child is not crying..and he is not responding to us" said Vaidya as she opened the door.

Subhi was unconscious as she was tired after pushing a lot.

"No! This can't happen..give my son to me..I will pat him" growled I.

"Son..Cry please..What will I answer your matashree?" I winced as I held a baby.

"Parth...is my child okay?. Why are you so silent? Answer me Parth" screamed Subhadra.

Listening to her screams,my son cried as if he recieved his mother's scoldings.

I took a deep breath in and was relieved. I cried in tears of joy. He held my finger with his little palm as if his whole world is in it.

"Subhi..his nose is just like you" I smiled.

"What do you mean Parth?..Will he have anger like me?" Subhi pouted.

"I didn't said that..don't know what all you can assume" I replied giving her baby.

"And his forehead is as wide as yours. Bhratashree Krishna says who have wide forehead are intelligent" Subhi smiled as she pecked the baby on his forehead.

"Offcourse he will be intelligent..he knows how to enter Chakravyuh before he was born" I replied making my new born sleep.

I wrote a poem for my newly born son. I would try to be the best father,I promised to myself and his sleeping figure.

When I heard the news of you,
I did the things that most fathers do.
I opened up my heart so wide,
For you to have a place inside.

I tried to imagine the person you’d be,
would you look or act like me?
I thought of the things we would do,
The times we’d share, just us two.

I would hold your hand in mine,
be your protector, strong yet kind.
I would be your hero and friend,
give advice on which you’d depend.

I remember the day you were born,
I cradled a miracle, small and warm.
What words I had were scarce and few,
A tear was the best that I could do.

Life gave me a moment so rare,
Bursting with pride, love and care.
I promised you then all that I had,
You are my child, I am your father.

Whole night I used to look after my baby and in the day Subhi used to bathe him and make him sleep.

My days became more beautiful than ever..and nights filled with innocent smile when I narrated stories.