Chapter 1: The Ascension of the Dark Lord.

Malfoy Manor (3rd Person P.O.V)

The Two men appeared out of nowhere, a few yards apart in the narrow, moonlit lane of Malfoy Manor. For a second they stood quite still, wands directed at each other's chest. But they quickly recognized each other and then stood down. Both walking in the same direction.

"News?" The taller of the two asked. 

"The best." The other one known better known as Severus Snape answered. 

The lane was boarded on the left by wild, low growing brambles, on the right be a high, nearly manicured hedge. The men's long cloaks flapped around their ankles as they marched. 

"Thought I might be late." Yaxley said, his blunt features sliding in and out of sight as the branches of overhanging trees broke the moonlight. "It was a little trickier than I expected. But I hope he will be satisfied. You sound confident that your reception will be good?"

Snape nodded, though not elaborating. They turned right into a wide driveway that led off the lane. 

As the two men talked and walked. Meanwhile in the place known as Malfoy Manor... a once handsome manor, inside was a large, dimly lit, and sumptuously decorated hallway, with a magnificent carpet covering most of the stone floor. And in a drawing room was a room full of silent people, sitting at a long and ornate table. Death Eaters. The room's usual furniture pushed against the walls. A roaring fire beneath a handsome marble mantelpiece surmounted by a gilded mirror. 

And sitting at the head of the Table, was the Dark Lord himself. Lord Voldemort. His face shown through the gloom, hairless, snakelike, with slits for nostrils and gleaming red eyes whose pupils were vertical. 

"We've been sitting for some time now." A man called with grey hair and purple eyes. Fletcher Snyde. 

"Patience, Snyde." Voldemort instructed. "I will not begin until everyone is here." 

"How long until our guest wakes?" Snyde asked, referring to the unconscious human figure handing upside down over the table. Revolving slowly as if suspended by an invisible rope. 

"We have some time. And besides. Wormtail is keeping her silent." Voldemort assured. Then they heard the door open. "Ah, here they come now."

Both Snape and Yaxley walked into the room. "Yaxley, Snape." Voldemort said, in a high clear voice. "You are very nearly late. How is your eye doing, Severus?" 

Snape felt his right eye that was behind an eye patch. An injury he received from Kassandra Bauer on the night he killed Dumbledore. "The pain has receded, My Lord. But I don't think it will heal." He answered.

"Such a shame. It would seem we've underestimated the rage of Kassandra Bauer and the power that comes with it." Voldemort replied. "Oh well. Here." He indicated a seat on his immediate right. "Yaxley- beside Dolohov." 

The two men took their allotted places. Most of the eyes around the table followed Snape as he sat down. And right next to Commander Xin Manh. The Leader of the Southeast Asia Coalition and Death Eater affiliate. 

"Commander Manh." Snape said indifferently. "I thought you were in Asia." 

"Oh, I am." Manh answered. "I am simply projecting my image here at this meeting." He explained.

Snyde laughed.

"Something funny, Snyde?" Snape asked. 

"You still look better than Bellatrix over there." Snyde pointed to Bellatrix Lestrange. Who had suffered the worse from Kassie's Spartan Rage. She had lost both of her hands, which required her to get new ones made of metal as was done to Peter Pettigrew. And any beauty that was left of her was gone as well. Replaced now by a whole mess of half burned off hair off her head. And one side of her face completely burned.