15# Tamed Fire

Freddy and you were on your way to return to the shelter. You were shivering, which made you look forward to the warmth of the campfire there. "I'm sure Lucian will be grateful," you said. "And the plan turned out better than expected. We killed two wanted men, got some remnant and helped a good friend of ours with just two murders."

"Killing three birds with one stone!" Freddy laughed, making you laugh along.

That's when you and him reached the shelter. You were running near the fire and immediately sat down in front of it, rubbing your cold hands.

"Where have you been?" Baby asked. In the background, Ballora, Foxy and Lolbit were rummaging through the tents, as if they were searching for something.

"Disposing the bodies," you replied. "Am I right, Fred?" No answer. You turned around and found Freddy sitting a few meters farther from the warm place, nodding in response. "What are you doing back there?"

He shrugged. "Dunno, just felt like being here."

"Come on, I can barely see you in the dark!" You waved him over. "It's nice and warm here!"

"JACKPOT!" Foxy suddenly exclaimed from a tent, pulling out two big, heavy bags at once. He placed them next to the fire and zipped them open, revealing dead bodies.

Lolbit got out of the other tent, carrying two bags of the same kind as well. "How fresh?" Ballora asked.

Foxy sniffed the necks. "Hm, I'd say they were killed... less than five hours ago."

"No wonder these men were wanted for murder," Baby thought out loud, then turned to you. "Speaking of them, where exactly did you dispose the bodies?"

Freddy went to the dead bodies of the victims while maintaining distance from the fire in order to get a heart for his unconscious little hand puppet.

"We brought them in front of the door of our location, you know, for Lucian to get the money."

Baby stared at you with big eyes. "Could you repeat that?"

"We brought the bodies to Lucian," you repeated casually, even sounding a bit proud of what you had done. 

"Please tell me you're joking." You didn't give a response. "What- What were you thinking?!"

"These men were wanted, the reward was 100,000 dollars and Lucian needs the money."

Her hands were tense while her eyes were piercing right through you, as if she was keeping herself back from strangling you. "You- you can't just-" She emitted a sound of a deep breath and facepalmed, mumbling inaudible words to herself.

"What's wrong?" you asked.

"You weren't supposed to kill wanted men, but call the police once you spot them."

"Ohh." Then you've realized what you had done. "Oh."

Baby turned to Freddy, who was feeding his hand puppet a heart of a victim. "Great, now you're getting the company into even more trouble than before, Freddy," Baby said with a hint of sarcasm in her voice.

He looked up to stare at Baby and sticked his metallic tongue out.

"Actually, it was my idea," you carefully added, hoping she wouldn't get too mad at you.

"Even worse," she said without keeping her eyes away from Freddy. "You went along with their plan, although you were supposed to know better and teach them that it's wrong!"

"How was I supposed to know?" he defended himself. "You always act like we know so much about the humans and their stupid laws." He paused for a moment, narrowing his eyes at Baby. "Besides, how do you know so much about huma-?"