14# Risky

Finally, in that deep forest full of tall trees and bushes, sounds of flying insects and howling owls, you discovered an orange light from the distance.

"Stop right there," Baby said, lowering her voice. You all froze in place, while she was staring at the direction of the red-orange light. As she waved her hand and walked closer, you followed her until you were behind a bush. You peeked out of it, finding two men sitting around a fire.

"Someone's here..." Freddy whispered.

"Thank you, Captain obvious," Foxy murmured with a hint of sarcasm.

"You're welcome!" Freddy smiled. "Let's go say hi!"

"Not yet," Baby hissed. "We surround them, then attack on my command."

"What command?" you asked, looking at Baby, who was still keeping her eyes on the humans. "Elaborate, please."

"Maybe a whistle, a scream, a countdown... You will know." Not very helpful. "Split up."

In just the blink of an eye, everyone around you was gone, except for Freddy. "Why do we do this again?" you asked. "They're not a threat or anything, so what's the reason to attack them?"

He threw one glance at the two men, then back at you. "Um... Well... I- We dunno. That's what we're supposed to do, I guess?"

"Who said?"

He shrugged, still carrying Lolbit on his shoulder.

You looked back to the two men, whose faces seemed too familiar. "They're wanted."

"By who?"

"I don't know, but these men cost money. A one with five zeros." You unfolded the crumpled paper you held in your hand the entire time.

He read the paper, looked at the images first, then at the real men. "A hundred thousand dollars? That's a lot!"

You snapped your fingers, finally being able to recall the number Baby read. "Exactly!" you whispered. "I have a plan."

~~~

"I swear to God, Lucian, that Freddy, he- I'm still convinced I heard your voice!"

Leo and Lucian were sitting in the dining room of the old Circus Baby's Pizza World above the ground, still not wrapping their head around the fact that the Funtimes were gone. Leo was explaining what happened while he was exploring the diner, while Lucian was using every single one of his braincells to think about what he should tell his boss, Afton.

"...first, the lights were on, then off, then I followed your voice, and then WAAAAAWR!" Leo's awful impression of Funtime Freddy's jumpscare gave Lucian second-hand embarrassment, making him pinch the bridge of his nose. "I could've probably sent him back down if I knew that it was him!"

"Leo, I told you the animatronics had minds of their own," Lucian said. "They're conscious and much more than just some attractions for kids, they're-" He cut himself off and sighed, trying to come up with an explanation. "They were created for other intentions as well."

Leo was staring at him, not comprehending anything, until his eyes widened. "Oh, are they sex robots? No wonder, look at Ballor-"

Lucian stared back in disappointment. "Leo, what the actual fuck?"

"What? It's- It's Afton, okay? You'll never know what he would do, I mean, he's a divorced dude with two dead kids, it wouldn't be a surprise if he created those! Especially with his loneliness, if you know what I'm sayin'. Besides, he's insane, just one look at him and you can expect him to do crazy shit, like these sex robo-"

"These are not sex robots," Lucian corrected.

"For example sex robots. His insanity could drive him to make sex robots or commit murder."

Lucian raised both of his eyebrows and slightly tilted his head forward, hoping Leo would take a hint.

"...oh! Well, uh, no wonder he-"

"Leo, listen to me," he said calmly, then took a deep breath. "They're programmed to kill children, and for it all to be sneaky, they have special features. Now they use these features for anything but its intention, they're outsmarting us."

Leo furrows his brows. "So that's how they're gone now?"

"Duh. I knew this was gonna happen, but the question is; how are we gonna tell Afton?"

Someone knocked on the door, making Leo dart his glance at it. Lucian stood up and walked towards the entrance of the restaurant. He laid a hand on the doorknob, unsure whether to twist it and see the stranger. After a minute of hesitation, which felt like forever, he managed to find the courage to push the door open.

The bloody bodies of two men were lying right in front of him, their hearts missing. Lucian immediately understood who had done it, but he still wondered why they would make the effort to drag them here. He could hear Leo's chattering teeth from behind. "What the...!?"

A piece of paper was lying in between of the corpses, which Lucian approached and took very carefully. Didn't need to touch the bodies. As soon as he unfolded the paper, he found the faces of the criminals. The same criminals that were now dead at the entrance of the building of a company that already has a bad reputation. A company that had many terrifying stories to hide.

"For you, Luke!" the back of the paper said in messy handwriting. It was written in blood, though very obviously not by human hand.

"Scheiße," Lucian said under his breath as he let the note go, letting it glide through the wind.

And just as he feared, a purple car was driving through the street that separated the forest. It quickly came to a halt about five meters in front of the bodies. The engine stopped as the car door opened, Afton, in his usual purple outfit, stepping out of it. He just stared. Not a single emotion in his face.

"Boss, I- we can explain!" Leo said, his voice slightly shaking in nervousness. "We found the bodies like this, we didn't-"

Afton glared at him with his silver eyes. "I am aware." He walked around the corpses unhurried while looking at them, as if he was examining it. He pointed at the bodies, then entered the building and gestured his workers with his hands to follow him.

Leo stood there in confusion, trying to understand what Afton's plan was. Meanwhile, Lucian grabbed one of the bodies and dragged it in. "Repeat what I'm doing," he murmured. After a short moment of processing it, Leo took the other man and followed.

~~~

Leo stared at the mixer. With red liquid. He just helped a cold man hide evidence of a murder.

"I rarely use the mixer for this, but in this situation, there is no other way to fit them into the Bidybabs," Afton explained in a more lighthearted banter. Still focusing on the task, yet smiling to make it more welcoming for the new worker.

"Mhm." Leo nodded. He did not sign up for this. Nobody did. Not even Lucian, but he was used to it by now.

With Afton's demand, Leo took the juice from the both mixers as Lucian opened the bidybabs. There was a little box, which Leo filled up.

After that, they needed to act quick by closing the bidybabs again and running out.

"Couldn't we have... called the police or something?" Leo asked quietly.

"If we called the police, they would immediately link this incident to our animatronics," Lucian explained.

Afton gave them a confused look. "What incident?"

"You- this-"

Before Leo even managed to speak a proper sentence, Afton placed five 100$ bills into his hand. "There was never an incident." After he also handed the money to Lucian, he left into his office.

"Even if we reported anything to the police that isn't associated with the murders here," Lucian added, "they would still find this place suspicious and put it under investigation. That is... too risky."