Epilogue: Together to the End.

Leaving Hogwarts was an incredibly harder thing for me this time. Because I knew that I wouldn't be coming back to it. This was my last year.

Even home seemed to be a strange thing to go back to. Nothing would ever be the same again. I came home and I stood by Pater's Grave in the backyard. I took a deep breath. I wish he was here. I wish everyone we lost was here. No one had an appetite at dinner either. 

"The Other Leaders left after the tomb was made." Jacob said. 

"Are they going to send us help against Voldemort?" Penny asked. 

"No. With Dumbledore dead, all options are off the table. Everyone has to worry about defending their own home." Ethan answered. "Southeast Europe's fallen to the Death Eaters. India is under the control of the Coalition. We're on our own."  

I remained silent. We truly were on our own. Just as my friends and I were going to be. 

"He didn't die for nothing, Kassie." Mater said. "Dumbledore." 

I still remained.

"Kassie... what did you want to tell us before?" Jacob asked.

This was going to be the hardest thing I would ever have to say. But I knew I was going to say it. "The Horcrux was a fake." I said. "The one that Dumbledore, Harry and I acquired. He died in vain." 

"But if there's one silver lining, it's that we proved we didn't... actually... who am I kidding? There is no silver lining." Penny commented. 

"Penny." We all said. 

"Sorry. Force of Habit." Penny apologized.

"The Real Horcrux is still out there." I informed. "Harry's going after it. Along with the remaining 3." 

Lizzie looked a little jumpy. 

"You guys know what a Horcrux is, right?" I asked.

"No." Penny answered.

"Yes." Ethan, Jacob, and Mater answered.

"Only by reputation." Lizzie answered.

"Voldemort actually dared to create a Horcrux?" Mater asked.

"He made several." I answered.

"Well, I wouldn't put it past him." Ethan said. 

"Harry's going after the Horcruxes. He's going to finish what Dumbledore started." I told my family. I took another deep breath. 

"Your hands are twitching again, Kassie." Ethan said. 

I looked down. My hands were twitching indeed. "He's... what was I saying?" I asked before.

"That Harry was going after the Horcruxes." Jacob answered. 

But Mater could see it written on my face. "You want to go with him, don't you?" She asked. 

I looked stunned. "How did you-?" 

"I'm your mother, Kassie. I know things." Mater answered.

Jacob and Ethan looked at me. They looked concerned but not surprised. 

"I don't want to go with Harry. I need to go with Harry. It's not even a choice." I said sadly. And I fell silent again. 

Ethan looked at Penny and Lizzie. And also Sean. "Could um... could we have a moment alone with our sister?" He requested.

Penny nodded. 

"Of course." Lizzie said. "Sounds like you've got a lot to discuss." 

They left the room, and that just left my brothers and Mater.