Chapter 7: The Half Blood Prince.

Harry, Ryan, Ron met Hermione and I met again in the Common Room before breakfast. Clearly hoping for some support in his theory, Harry wasted no time in telling us what he supposedly overheard Malfoy saying on the Hogwarts Express. 

"But he was obviously showing off for Parkinson, wasn't he?" Ron interjected before Hermione could say anything. 

"Well." She said uncertainly. "I don't know. It would be like Malfoy to make himself seem more important than he is... but that's a big lie to tell..." 

"Exactly." Harry said, but he couldn't press the point any further, because so many people were trying to listen in on our conversation, not to mention staring and whispering at us behind their hands. 

"Hey, Get out of here you little Vultures! Go on! Shoo!" Ryan yelled at to a minuscule first year boy as we joined the queue to climb out of the portrait hole.

Ron had a laugh when the boy turned bright red. "I love being a sixth year, all of the little first years get all terrified whenever we look at them." 

"Don't celebrate just too yet, Ron. Wait another year, and we'll be the 7th years. The Lords of all creation, and we're going to rule the school." Anubis declared. And he had a powerful laugh. 

We all looked at Anubis confused. "Just kidding." He quickly smiled. "We're not actually going to rule the school. But we will be the big ones on Campus. And we have a responsibility which we will perform." 

"Yeah. I know Anubis." Ron replied. 

"Look at all those tiny 1st years. Remember us at that age?" Ryan asked. "So glad I'm out of that phase. All on my own without any friends." 

"And now we'll stand as the ones in control." Horus added. "Soon enough." 

"It'll be a strange thing to enjoy." I admitted. "But don't forget. Now we don't have to worry about Divinations, History of Magic, and I can finally take that time to take the classes I want to take, and Snape's class." 

Ryan pulled out some drums and made one of those Ba Boom sounds on the drums. 

"So... what do we do in the meantime now that we don't have those classes?" Ryan asked. 

"Well... from what I was told from my Brothers is that we have free periods. Time where don't have to worry about any other classes and take a breather." I answered. "Thank the Gods." 

"We're going to need that time for studying, Kassie!" Hermione said as we set off from the corridor. She just had to be a nag. Nag! Nag! Nag! That's what Hermione was.

"Yeah, but not today." Ron replied to Hermione. "Today's going to be a real loss, I reckon." 

"Hold it!" Hermione threw out an arm and halting a passing 4th year, who was attempting to push past her with a lime green disk clutched tightly in his hand. "Fanged Frisbees are banned, hand it over." She told him sternly. The Scowling boy handed over the Fanged Frisbee, ducked under her arm, and took off after his friends. Ron waited for him to vanish, then tugged the Frisbee from Hermione's grip. 

"Excellent, I've always wanted  one of these." Ron said.

Hermione's remonstration was drowned by a loud giggle; Lavender Brown had apparently found Ron's remark highly amusing. She continued to laugh as she passed us, glancing back at Ron over her shoulder. Ron looked rather pleased with himself. 

"Ron. Put your eyeballs back in your head." Anubis ordered.

Ron blinked for a few seconds. "Huh? What?" 

The ceiling of the Great Hall was serenely Blue and streaked with frail, wispy clouds. I ate my eggs and bacon and potatoes when I heard Harry and Ron tell Hermione about our conversation with Hagrid the previous evening.