Chapter 20: The Unknowable Room.

I still had to make sense of my visions. And it was too scary to see. Plus, it didn't make any sense to me. Snape killing Dumbledore? Or was it going to be one of those Death Eaters? I left out the part of Draco Malfoy being there? I couldn't risk Harry doing something incredibly stupid. 

"But it doesn't make any sense." Hermione said. "How would the Death Eaters get into Hogwarts?" 

"Malfoy must be working on something." Harry suggested. "It's got to be why he's been disappearing for so long on the map." 

"But for Snape to be the one to kill Dumbledore. That just sounds a little too extreme. Don't you think?" Hermione asked. 

"I don't know." I answered. If Dumbledore was in danger. Then we were all in danger. And Snape to be the one to do it? But my visions were never wrong. At least, not to this point. The power of Delphi was something that I wished I didn't have. 

"Well, if Dumbledore is in danger, then shouldn't we do something?" Ryan asked. 

"We should." Ron declared. "I say we attack Snape and bring him-" 

"We can't do that." Hermione shot down. She could tell how nervous I looked in all of this. "Okay... let's just think about this for a second. Kassie... did Snape kill Dumbledore or shoot the curse in your visions?" 

"No." I answered. "I didn't get a good look at those specific details. All I remember seeing is Snape pointing his wand at Dumbledore. And then in another part. Dumbledore had fallen out of the window. Dead." 

"So... does that mean that something's going to happen to Dumbledore? And Snape's behind it?" Ryan asked just as nervous. 

"I don't know, Ryan." Harry answered. His thumbs twiddling. "Nothing bad can happen to Dumbledore." 

"But Kassie's visions-" Ron started.

"Then Kassie must've seen it wrong." Harry denied.

"Harry, my visions are never wrong. The Oracle of Delphi lives inside of me. And it shows the future every time. The fight with the Basilisk, Sirius Black, Cedric's death, the battle in the Ministry... and now this. We can't escape the Fates-" I tried to say. I wanted it to be wrong too. Especially with what happened to Cedric's death.

"I choose my own fate, Kassie." Harry declared. 

"Then it wouldn't be fate, would it?" Horus asked. 

"Well... I suppose that it would explain the curse on Dumbledore's hand." Ryan suggested. "Maybe Snape is going to mercy kill Dumbledore?" 

I kept thinking of my visions of Dumbledore's death. "I'm scared." I whimpered to Hermione. 

"Well... if it's worth anything... Kassie... I am too." Hermione admitted. 

I never should've gone for that Oracle of Delphi in Greece. I should've refused Larisa and dealt with the consequences all those years ago. I didn't want to see the future. I didn't want to worry about this stuff. And even if I did warn people, the inevitable would've happened. I couldn't change fate. No matter how hard I tried.

"Well, now what do we do?" Ryan asked. "We going to warn Dumbledore?"

"I'll figure something out." Harry said. And it was clear that he was trying to keep all of this information together.  

None of us could figure out that question, right now. Our first priority was to figure out how we were going to persuade Slughorn to hand over the true memory. Then and probably then, would we get an opportunity to speak to Dumbledore again. But none of us could find any way to do it. So, Harry, being Harry, did what he usually does these days when he's at a loss; pouring over his Potions book, hoping the Prince scribbled something useful in a margin.