Chapter 15: On the Edge.

I opened my eyes. It was morning outside, judging by the light in the windows. I was still in my hideout, and what I considered my second bedroom in Hogwarts. And the only ones who knew about it were both Neville and I. 

I noticed an empty wine bottle on the bedside dresser. I also felt Neville's arms wrapped around my body. And both of us were under the beds blankets. I also looked at the necklace of Greek Sea Shells on my neck. It was my present from Neville last night. They were beautiful. 

Last night saw me go to some stupid party with Slughorn, and some of his high elite friends. And I had dragged Neville to it. A move I regretted just as much as that Death Day Party I attended in my 2nd year with Harry, Ron, and Hermione. Not fun.

The only thing good about last night was that Neville and I made love to each other.  Maybe I got a little drunk on wine last night, or I just felt like I wanted to make love because of all the stress I'd been getting. A lot of it too. 

At least I slept with the real Neville and not a Greek God disguised as Neville. 

I then felt Neville was awake and his arms moving off me. He must've been getting up. His back was turned to my back.

"What's your leave?" I asked turning to him. 

Neville jumped up. He then turned his head to me. I smiled at him. And then Neville smiled. "Good morning, Kassie." He greeted me. "Did I wake you?" He asked. 

"No. I woke up on my own accord. I just have an internal clock inside of me." I answered still smirking. 

"Did I hurt you?" Neville asked.

"No. No. You were wonderful." I answered giggling. "The way you... and the way you..." I then made a huge lovely sigh sound.  

Neville grinned at me.  

"I hope you don't have any regrets." I said. "I don't." 

"None at all." Neville replied. "I've never been more certain about anything." He then got back under the covers and I started drawing circles with my fingers on his back. "And I know that I love you." 

"And I love you." I replied.

Neville lied down again and we began giving each other small kisses. "Maybe we should just stay here for the holidays. Just the two of us. Every night like this one." He suggested.

I giggled. It was such a good idea. And very tempting too. But there was just one thing. "Well... I'd love to... but, Nev... we should... we should go home for the holidays. No doubt my family wants to spend the holidays with me." I shot down. 

"That's okay. I understand." Neville replied. He was so understanding. And Neville and I both kissed again. 

"So... what happens now? Now that we've done it?" I asked

Neville grinned. "We stay together. And no one will keep us apart. Not our families, not Voldemort, or his Death Eaters, not Bellatrix Lestrange, not anyone." 

"Our families like each other." I pointed out. "We're not the son and daughter of Athens and Sparta. Or that... English Story... what was it called again? Romeo and Juliet?" 

"Yeah that one." Neville answered. "And that's good too." 

"Besides. If Ethan and Jacob find out about what we did. They would absolutely make sure that you don't break my heart now." I added. 

"They wouldn't really murder me, would they?" Neville asked a little nervous.

"I'd try to reason with them." I assured.